Need to purchase additional shipping label

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 1

Hi! A customer entered their incorrect shipping address and the package was returned. I have corrected the mailing address and need to purchase a new shipping label. (not reprint the incorrect, already used on) How do I do this? Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 43 62

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @fhazel,

Dani here from Shopify. Thanks for writing in!

This is a great question. Since the shipping service has already been fulfilled by the carrier, we're no longer able to void the label purchase.

To purchase a new label with the correct information you'll need to create a new order using the draft order function. In this case, you can actually follow these instructions to duplicate the order.

Here, you have a couple of options to apply discounts for the order. You can apply a 100% discount to the entire order so that the customer will not be charged anything, or you could apply a discount just to the items ordered and charge the customer for the second shipping label. This is up to you.

It sounds like you may be in the height of your holiday fulfillments. I'd love to hear about your Black Friday/Cyber Monday experience. Was there anything you learned this year that you'll do differently for next year?

Let me know if you have any further questions!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 1
Thank you! Good workaround. I appreciate your response. 🙂
1 Like