Need to setup Custom Delivery/ Shipping rates based on customer location

Highlighted
2 0 0

Shopify Site with Clean Canvas Theme

www.iksuca.com

We are trying to setup custom shipping options on our baked goods website and have been struggling a bit. Hopefully there's someone here who can help us.

We are planning to have 2 menus...Local Delivery Menu & Shipping Menu.

Local Delivery menu - products available for local delivery only to 6-8 zip codes in the area

Shipping menu - products that can be shipped anywhere in the US

We would like our shopping cart to be intuitive to do the following:

If Zip code entered by customer equals any of our delivery zip codes, then it calculates Delivery Charge 1, 2 or 3 based on Cart Total $$ [Free for cart total over $20; $0.99 for cart total over $10; $1.99 for cart total less than $10]

If Zip code entered by customer does not equal any of our delivery zip codes, but is in our State (CO), then it calculates and provides Shipping Charge 1 or 2 based on # of items in our cart [1 Item: $5.99; 2 or more items: $5.99 + $2.99 x # of items - 1]

If Zip code entered by customer is in the Rest of United States, then it calculates and provides Shipping Charge 1 or 2 based on # of items in our cart [1 Item: $8.99; 2 or more items: $8.99 + $4.99 x # of items - 1]

Thanks.

Subhash

iksuca.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
89 0 6

Hey Subhash,

Just off the top of my head, there are two apps that might help (I'm not very sure, but will be worthwhile to check them out):

Local Delivery  and Better Shipping   As both the apps are from the same developer (Atom Yard), he/she may be able to customize something for you.  

Also, since you do local delivery plus nationwide shipping, you might get some pointers from this Shopify site: Sift Cupcakes

shippingwiz@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4117 27 378

You will most likely contract a developer to setup your own rate service. You get complete control and it sounds from your description like you need that. A one-size fits all App probably won't work for you. The challenge in your case is checking zip codes and reacting appropriately. There are some nice geolocation helpers out there, so it is most likely a project undertaken with low risk of failure and high probability of success.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks guys for the suggestions. Very helpful.

I am looking to see if I can talk to a developer on the Shopify board. Atom yard charges monthly...a bit steep for me right now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Subhash,

In case you're interested in saving on your shipping costs, I can recommend Shippo. Here's the link to the Shopify app: https://apps.shopify.com/shippo. You can simply charge your customer a flatrate and use Shippo to calculate your shipping costs (discounts for USPS). That has helped me to save shipping costs.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Subhash ! 

I wonder if you finally hired someone to develop this for your store? was it possible to be coded? did it took very long?

We just have two delivery areas. A first group of zip codes with delivery price $10, and a 2nd group of zipcodes with delivery price $20.

We feel it is a little to much to pay $30 dollars/monthly for the better shipping App to only have this simple thing enabled. 

So, we are considering hiring a developer... do you have any advice on this for us?

Thanks a lot. 

Lara

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

Can someone help me or point me in the right direct?

We ship aggregates/soil/dirt in a few local cities around us.  I would like to be able to set a shipping price besd on the product and city or postal code where it is being deleiverd.  Ive tried several shipping apps but it doesnt seem they work for us.

Your help is greatly appreciated

Tom

www.xtruck.com

0 Likes