I need to split fulfillment, but not sure how to do this...
For orders that are being shipped to a USA address, I need to send those orders to Amazon to fulfill (they already have my product and I have Amazon connected to my Shopify account).
For orders that are being shipped to an address outside the USA, I need those orders sent to a 3rd party fulfillment service.
1) I'm not sure how to route the orders based on shipping address?
2) How do I connected the fulfillment service for the int'l orders? They use Shipstation I know, do I need to do anything with Shipstation.
I have this exact set up on a store I work on.
1) Use the Order Automator app to automatically send the US orders to Amazon FBA
2) Tag international orders (that app does that as well)
3) Kick back and watch your system automatically handle itself 😎
If #2 doesn't work, another idea is to send an email with the order info for the international orders (we can set that up too with the app).
Here are the details: https://speedboostr.com/automate-order-fulfillment-on-shopify
Here is the app: https://apps.shopify.com/order-automator
I'm the lead developer of that app, so if you need any help or have feature requests just let me know.
We have the exact same setup.
US orders are fulfilled through amazon
International order are fulfilled via www.theglobalfulfillment.com. They use DHL (3-day shipping) for prices cheaper than China Post. They will also guide you on how to setup your shopify to split orders between US and them.