Need to take a deposit on purchase

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi i have read all the comments about you cant leave a deposit etc.

My product is a person.

So you might be hiring a waitress for 3 hours. I would take my commisson / deposit and the waitress would pick the balance up when they get to the event.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Danny

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 78

Hey, Daniel!

Savannah here from the Shopify Guru Team. 

When it comes to taking a deposit, there are a couple of workarounds that you can employ to get the job done. 

One option would be to use a partial payment app like LAY-BUY to create a short term payment plan (your desired deposit plus the rest later on). 

You could also list your products at the deposit price, and note that the remainder of the payment would need to be paid as the services are delivered. If you haven't already taken a look, I'd recommend checking out an event booking app like BookThat which will allow your customers to reserve your services. 

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or if I can clarify anything!

Happy selling!

Savannah

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
32 0 13

is there any plans to develop a deposit option? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
32 0 13
Can anyone advise please ? I’m taking Pre orders on out of stock items, common in my industry - but I do not want to take full payment . Can anything be done or is it not possible on Shopify
1 Like