Negotiated UPS rates - no

Highlighted
Trailblazer
620 0 70

It was brought to my attention today my UPS rates don't match what I charge.  After checking in, I found out that Shopify does not pull my negotiated rates.  Just the basics.

Thanks for writing. At this time we don't have support for fetching negotiated UPS rates - it's something we're considering for future development, but I don't have a firm timeline on when it would roll out if we make the decision to go ahead with it. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Is it just me or is this a surprise?  Somehow i thought 'live carrier rates' would be mean MY rates.

John Nanci www.ChocolateAlchemy.com The Art and Science of Homemade Chocolate
2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
15 0 14

Hey John,

You are right, the Carrier Calculated Shipping rates are pulled from UPS.com and not specifically from the account associated with the shop. 

We are hearing the feedback, and I agree that it would be the best way to move forward! I will add your shop to the feature request, and hopefully we can connect with UPS to get the ball rolling. 

If there are any questions though, you can always email me at jon@shopify.com :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

I am having the same issue with a client. It is extremely frustrating that this feature is not an integral part of shopify. What do you recommend a vendor does in the meantime?

1 Like
Highlighted
7 0 0

We've been able to get our negotiated rates pulled from FedEx.  We then add a small fee to cover our packaging materials.  Perhaps UPS doesn't offer this with Shopify but contact your UPS rep.  We contacted our FedEx rep and then our negotiated rates started coming through.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 7

Jonathan, count us in.  This is a big deal,  our small ground packages are about 40% more on Shopify,  not good for business.   Shipstation supports negotiated rates,  it's achievable. 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Have any of you considered using a parcel audit company to take care of all of this for you? They can help you negotiate your rates, audit every package you ship to ensure they match your negotiated rates, and will file for credits with these carries on your behalf.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

The fact that this is not offered is completely ABSURD! I am losing so much business right now because customers don't want to pay such high prices for shipping...and I don't blame them. Furthermore, I wanted to open up shipping worldwide, but can't even do that now because the rates are astonomical! Shopify, get your act together...this NEEDS to be fixed asap....you are holding our businesses back when you should be helping us grow.

Extremely disapointed.

1 Like
Highlighted

This thread appears to be quite old but let me update with the latest news. Shopify has already included a feature that allows you to connect your UPS carrier account and get the negotiated rates. Here is an article for it. However, if you would like to use your own account UPS account for generating shipping label, or you have advanced business requirement like complex box packing then you can try multi carrier shipping label app.

0 Likes