Net 30 terms? Processing payment on POs?

Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 3

Hi all, 

New to Shopify and I'm currently working on a supplies shop for our customers to place their orders thru. My only set back right now is that most of our customers use Net 30 terms and I can't find a way to make that work in with the payment options available. I could switch to manual payments but again, most not all of our customers have terms with us. We still want the ability for customers to use credit cards as well. Has anyone else run into this issue? Any solutions? Greatly appreciated!! 

Claire 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
162 0 7

Hello Claire,

Matt here from the Shopify Guru Team! :-)

That is a great question and it is true that while you could set up a manual payment gateway that currently Net 30 is not available with Shopify.  However I think it would be an excellent addition to Shopify so I am happy to submit the suggestion to our developers in the hopes that it may be added in the future.

I hope you have a great day!

Matt

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 3

Thanks for the reply Matt! So other than waiting patiently for yall to make this an option... what do you think the best way to handle it? I don't want to add a manually payment method because customer who don't have terms could use it and we'd not be able to collect. 

Once a customer sets up an account, can they have specific terms assigned to them?

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 5

Would LockSmith app work to solve this issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 4

We use an app called Trade Orders to offer net30 to our wholesalers with that option. You have to tag the customers to make it available but it's been a great tool so far! 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Claire,

Were you able to find a solution for this?

We're desparately looking for a way around this also - as we need to be able to offer net 30, or payment in installments (i.e. at 30, 60, days). 

Has anyone tried Partial.ly or DeferPay with success? 
I've heard that buyers need to create a "Stripe account" to use DeferPay?

Please let me know, 
Thank you!!

Josh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 3

Hi Josh, 

Yes, I've found a workaround. Is it perfect? No. But it's doing a pretty awesome job. It's call Trade Orders and basically instead of taking the customer all the way through the checkout process, it takes them to a separate landing page where they can put their shipping information and the order comes thru as unpaid and unfilled on my end. 

I use inFlow inventory management system to handle the invoices on the back end. 

Trade Orders is pretty easy to use, the customer service takes a minimum of two days to get back to you but when they do they almost always resolve my issue. I added a simple form to the page for the customer to select their shipping method and the information makes it thru to the confirmation email. The way it works is once your customers create an account, you can add a tag (i used 'terms') to the account and then they are automatically taken to the 'terms' check out process instead of the regular one. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

claire 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Claire,

Thanks so much. In that case - you would just have to manually "Fulfill" and "Mark as Paid" on your end  of Shopify admin, but everything else comes through okay?

I'll look into TradeOrders. I'm also going to look at Partial.ly & DeferPay again to see if either could work as a solution. Ideally, customers could enter their payment info also - and we could just charge the customers at a later date. 

Thanks Claire!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

We too would love to offer Net 30 - Joshua what did you end up using/doing for your solution?

Would love to know. Thanks.  Tammy at OrganicExcellence.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I'm interested in this app. Do your wholesale customers see their special pricing on the product page or do they have to add them to the cart to see their price? Can you set a specific price for each item or only apply a generic discount? Thanks

0 Likes