Net 30 terms? Processing payment on POs?

Kenneth_McCoy
3 0 0

Hi Claire!

How did you add a form to the page for your customer to select a shipping option? I installed the app (tradeorders), but I need an option for customers to select a shipping method. 

0 Likes
Kenneth_McCoy
3 0 0

I need an answer now! <html>/? 010001#htmlpro (jk im not that demanding but for real if anyone sees this i need help!)

0 Likes
Claire_Blevins
Tourist
14 0 3

Hey Kenneth, I actually added the Wholesale app, it's a million times easier, no varients or anything. I HIGHLY recommend using them, customers checkout through the same interface as usual. 

THe only change I made was to add a 'custom check out' portion which I added for terms. The Wholesale app also has a similar feature to allow customers to check out with Net 30 but they can't select a form of shipment. I did end up using Jotform to allow them to make suggestions. 

Hope that answers everything! 

0 Likes
Marrakech
3 0 0

Hi Claire, 

Which Wholesale app did you use? There are many options - could you kindly specify which one worked for you? 

0 Likes
Claire_Blevins
Tourist
14 0 3
Isaiah_Vasquez
Tourist
7 0 2

Claire, 

I currently use the Wholesale app and I was curious to know how you manager your inventory in Shopify.  If you have multiple customers order Net Terms, the inventory will not fulfill until the order has been placed (paid) so what do you do to keep up to date on your inventory to avoid having more items in stock then you actually have since the stay in draft status until paid and the items are not taken out of inventory?  I hope I'm making sense here.  My Net Terms customers throw off my inventory as it doesn't true up when they place orders.    Any suggestions, advice or feedback is much appreciated.  

0 Likes
Lance5
1 0 0

I am interested to get anyone's feedback, especially someone from Shopify, on this proposed solution to handle payment on credit terms.  If a customer has been approved for a credit limit, we would create this customers account and add a gift card balance for the amount they have been approved to purchase on credit.  Then when they login, they can place orders against this gift card balance.  This will enable orders to flow through the system.  Once they have paid their balance, then the gift card balance will be increased.  Any thoughts?  Do people think this will work?  What are potential concerns?

0 Likes
Isaiah_Vasquez
Tourist
7 0 2

Lance, 

I would be very curious to know how that works out for you.  It seems like a pretty good idea to get orders processed through the site and keep inventory in line.  My biggest problem is keeping the inventory for NET Term customers on track and being able to provide them invoices etc...I seem to lose alot of functionality with having to do draft orders.  

What app would you use to offer Credit to your customers?  I would be interested in testing this out to see how the orders process and look for potential hiccups.  

0 Likes
Christopher13
1 0 0

This is one feature that Volusion suports that works extremely well.  Their implementation is quite simple.  Every order has two totals, the total purchase amount and the total paid.  If the customer enters a credit card at time of purchase, then the two amounts are the same.  However, if the store creates a manual order and includes the PO number, the paid amount is zero.  Then, when the store receives payment (could be check, direct deposti, etc, etc), the store's accounts receivable updates the order.  You can even enter the check number and other transacton identifiers.  It also allows partial payment.  There is a simple report that shows all orders that have an oustanding amount due.

I have reviewed a number of ecommerce solutions, and this feature is missing from most of them.

0 Likes
marj1986
Excursionist
14 0 8

3 years later... did Shopify find a solution to allow the net 30 days ?