Net 30 terms? Processing payment on POs?

Billy_Pritchard
2 0 1

Hey Kevin. would you mind sharing your code?

0 Likes
KPoss
Tourist
11 0 3

Not a problem but I am not a programmer.  If you contact Cavera Inc, Jeff Greco or Dylan, and tell them I said it is okay to share our script. 

0 Likes
KPoss
Tourist
11 0 3

For those interested, we did find an easy way to do inventory using Finale and syncing net 30 orders in QBO for electronic invoicing by using Webgility online and syncing order from ShipStation...….not Shopify.  This way we can invoice for what we ship...….not for what was ordered......which is how a lot of B2B works.

RedRoosterCoffe
2 0 0

Hi KPoss,

I would love to hear more about how you used Finale. I am struggling to get all the apps to line up.

Thanks,

Amy

0 Likes
KPoss
Tourist
11 0 3

Hey Amy - We have been using Finale for about a month.  The way it works is that it sync orders from shipstation and deducts inventory once they ship.  It also pushes inventory levels into Shipstation and shopify so you can see what is available when picking an order.  

The Pros - We can generate an invoice in QBO for each shipment and we electronically invoice out of QBO which works well.  Inventory and bundles simplified versus trying to do it in Shopify give us both on hand and available inventory in Shipstation as well as bin location.

Shopify and QBO are both terrible at handling inventory and putting them together made it worse.....especially if you have bundles.  Finale is a great solve for this.

The Cons - Purchasing is not as good as inventory planner and with no integration we have a few extra steps to do forecasting ordering and receiving.  I am told this is easily solved with the API but haven't gotten that far and still hoping inventory planner and finale do an integration.  Both are expressing interest. 

- Shipstation doesn't pull billing information so therefore QBO doesn't get it.  Stupid simple things like this that the apps are passing thru to each other really makes the LeGo model of apps frustrating.  Someone should create a standard template of information for an ecommerce order and force everyone to pass all fields in a consistent way.  

The devil is in the details when trying to get the apps to line up.  We are also trying this lego model i call where we attempt to build our ideal functionality by piecing together apps.  It really requires that you know how the apps work and what data they are sharing.  Reading the marketing material is useless in most cases. 

Finale was great though.  They have the most detailed tutorials and will tell you what they do well and do not do well.  They do inventory well and is a good price.  It is easy to upload items, export items, and create custom reports.  It is fairly configurable and they always show you what they are doing.  This makes the UI a little more difficult at first but my team has gotten use to it quickly.

What are you trying to do and I will try to help if I can?  Also do you have access to scripts in Shopify?  We solved a lot using scripts but I know this is not an option for everybody.

0 Likes
Farmersarmour
Tourist
5 0 1

0 Likes
Parextech
Shopify Partner
39 1 3

Hello,

Please take a look at this app

https://apps.shopify.com/quickbooks-bridge

It works great for Shopify to QuickBooks Online.

0 Likes
KPoss
Tourist
11 0 3

Hey yeah it is not an easy thing and it depends a lot on what you are trying to do.  There are several apps

Quickbooks bridge is very simple.  We started with it but couldn't make it work for our needs.

We switched to webgility which is much more configurable......which is good and bad

I also have heard good things about A2X though I haven't tried it.

Here is what we do now but honestly we are still optimizing to try to get it as simple and fully automated as possible.  We currently use webgility but I am very hopeful that Finale inventory (which we use for inventory) will take over this syncing when they launch there new QB integration that they are working on now.  Mike there is awesome.

Details of Webgility:

- We use webgility to sync credit card order from our 2 Shopify stores directly to QBO.  We sync at the detailed transaction level right now so you get a transaction for the initial order and then a transaction for each change made to the order like edits or refunds.  It is accurate but floods our QBO with lots of transactions.  We are not sure we are getting value from this granularity so considering change to daily transaction summaries.  We have an invoicing app that fires bulk invoices from Shopify for credit cards.  This is fast but we do not send invoices for credit cards from QBO.  We have not found a good way to do this because each order ends up with so many transactions in QBO.

- We use Webgility to sync our New 30 orders from Shipstation to QBO.  The reason we do this is we need to invoice based on what ships and this way generates an invoice for each shipment into QBO, which we then use to send electonic invoices.  This is the best setup we have found so far for Net 30 orders.  It is far from perfect.........Shipstation doesnt pull billing address so that is manually added and shipstation pulls the shipping charge twice so that has to be deleted off backorders to avoid double charging customers.  So we are manually still touching every Net 30 invoice in QBO but it is minimal and we have gotten good at it.  

NOTE:  We do not keep our inventory in QBO.  We tried it but if you have bundles or lots of items......it is a nightmare so all our items in QBO are non-inventory items.

Our setup is far from simple.........but it is working and we are spending about an hour a day doing invoicing.  Hoping the Mike at Finale can fix this complexity and get it to under 15 minutes each day.

0 Likes
Parextech
Shopify Partner
39 1 3

Hello @KPoss 
Thanks for the details.

Would you mind providing your feedback on QuickBooks Bridge? What it lacked which made you change to another app?

Thanks.

0 Likes
southplanks
1 0 0

Hi, 

What makes you say that Shopify is so bad at handling the inventory? @KPoss 

We were just contemplating switching over to it....maybe not... ha! 

TIA

0 Likes