Never using Shopify again

Highlighted
1 0 0
So this is the first time I’m leaving a review and I’m doing this because of how badly I am hurt by the services. I made payments to a store on here and it’s been over a week and I haven’t received my order, what’s more they’ve stopped answering my emails and Shopify’s policy says to wait 30days before they can step in 30days? Are you kidding me me? And even after the 30days there’s no guarantee you’ll get your money back. I mean what do the Shopify team think would have to the company if they waited 30days to resolve an issue a seller has with them? Or wait they can’t do that, they’ll lose their customers. The one reason why I’m so angry is because for some people I got the impression that Shopify would care about the buyers as much as the sellers and would take extra care to make sure both parties are not scammed and so I did not even read about people getting scammed on here because I thought well they’d be much stricter. I in part blame Shopify for this as well as blame myself. In the end, all they care about is who’s bringing them the money. As I have said I’m my subject. I will never use Shopify for any transaction now or in the future and would strongly discourage my friends from doing so. I’d rather use a platform who cares as much about the buyers and not just the sellers.

Note from an angry dissatisfied ex-customer
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2415 163 356

Hi @airvee,

Nick here from Shopify. 

We understand that this is quite a frustrating situation to find yourself in. A lot of orders do generally take longer than a week to arrive and can take up to 30 days as an industry standard, so this is quite normal. What we do suggest is to contact the store owner directly from the info provided on their store. If you do find that you are not receiving any reply, we would recommend checking your spam folder to make sure they have not passed through to here instead. If you still are unable to get in contact with the store owner, we then suggest contacting your bank directly regarding the purchase that you have made. Your bank will have measures in place for you to follow in this case and will be able to help you in relation to the payment made from your account.

Shopify takes any suspicion of fraudulent stores very seriously here at Shopify, so if you still haven't heard from the store within the next few days, let me know and I can reach out to you directly about this and I can look into it further for you. This is the normal protocol for situations like this and as I mentioned your bank has measurers in place for you to follow to make sure you don't lose any money. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes