New Bank info not showing up in payout, but showing up in payment providers

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

I've never been able to receive a shopify payment (though I receive Paypal) . I originally had a Bank of  America account, but changed it to a Chase account. The "Payout bank account" on setting/payments shows the correct account, but on "view payouts" link, it stills shows the old Bank of America account, and says "

Failed payout

Your payout couldn’t be deposited because the bank account details you entered were incorrect.

We’ll attempt to deposit the funds within 3 business days.

Can you tell me how to fix this? Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3039 227 496

Hi @Sharon_Henry,

Nick here from Shopify. 

It's difficult to know exactly what is going on from what you've said, it would require a deeper look into your store and payout history. From experience, I'm thinking it's that it could be you changed bank account's but that doesn't take effect on payouts that were already generated, it only affects new payouts that generate after the bank account change. 

To be sure though, it's definitely worth a look on the admin side of things. If you'd like I could email you directly about this, if so, would you be able to confirm the best email address to reach you on is the one you signed up to the community with? If it's another one, it would be greatly appreciated if you could let me know it in a reply here. Once we take a look and know more about exactly what's going on here 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3
Thanks Nick, I contacted support via chat and I think they were able to fix it.
1 Like