New Member have question about the drop shipping, shipping fee

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi every one my name is Ted Chen, and I am new to the drop shipping business. I have few questions I like to ask member about, so please bear with me. Thank you

1. when I use Oberlo extension to aliexpress search item and the item I look for come up what is the $ next the the ePacket, is that the shipping fee to the US?

2. When a items said free shipping is that means there is no shipping fee to ship to US?

3. How do I set up free shipping at the shopify store, I have which the video it under setting, but I still do get it?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
678 50 151

Hi, @bbq247la!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

First off, it's great to hear that you're just getting started with dropshipping. I'd be happy to address your questions. To keep things simple, I'll just respond to them in the same order in which you've asked them. 

1. When using the Oberlo Chrome extension to import products, you'll notice that the products from your search results are displayed in a grid. Each product will display the shipping method at the top, typically above the product image; if it's ePacket, this will be reflected in green. The price shown next to the shipping method is typically based on shipping to the United States, but this is also dependent on the shipping information specified in your Oberlo Chrome extension. You can confirm which country the shipping quote is based off by selecting the extension icon from your Chrome browser. In this example, you'll see that the shipping country is set to the United States:

oberlo-extension-button-2-d4bf4d28abfaa60df0f4deb35799cc0eb1877627f92939207043528e4cfc715f

2. You're correct. The most common shipping method that dropshippers use is ePacket, and while occasionally there is a cost associated with ePacket shipping, oftentimes it is free. This means that the supplier won't charge you anything to ship the product to a customer in the United States. Keep in mind that the downside to free shipping is that shipping can typically take anywhere between 15-30 days. For this reason, it's important that you set clear expectations with your customers on when they can expect to receive their order. 

3. Offering your customers free shipping is a great idea and can definitely boost sales. We actually have a help doc on how to create a free shipping rate I recommend checking out. It will walk you through the setup process step-by-step. You mentioned a video; did you refer to a video when trying to set this up on your end? If you've already attempted to set this up and you're not quite sure if it was done properly, I suggest going through your own store checkout, just like a customer would. This is the best way to test out your shipping rates. Feel free to also reply here with a screenshot of your shipping settings and I'd be happy to take a look!

Since you're new to dropshipping, I recommend checking out our free Shopify Academy course, "Dropshipping 101". Here, you'll discover how to get started with Shopify and Oberlo, as well as tips on how you can land your first sale. In Module 3, you'll also get a walkthrough on how to configure your shipping settings. I think you'll find it pretty useful!  

I hope I've answered your questions. What kind of products are you selling? Are you primarily selling to customers in the United States? Do you have any marketing ideas in place? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes