New payment methods to Brazil

Highlighted
1 0 3

My suggestion is putting others payment methods, in Brazil we use more "PagSeguro", "Mercado Pago" and "MOIP", Paypal is not to strong here.

Thank you!

3 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
731 0 51

I've passed on your request to the team to evaluate for a future release. Thank you for your feedback!

I work for Shopify.
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Jonathan!

Do you have news about the new payment methods for brazil?

Pagseguro

Mercadopago

Moip

If it is not possible to have this gateways its very difficult to choose Shopify as our ecommerce platform. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 0 0

Shopify is really missing out on an enormous market in Brazil! It is one of the fastest growing e-commerce markets in the world, and there is no option like Shopify here. I am an American living in Rio de Janeiro, setting up a new business, and desperate for integration with a brazilian gateway. Jonathan, please let me know if your team would like to discuss this issue with me further. I am happy to help in any way. But really, you guys should realize there is an amazing opportunity here for you!

0 Likes
2 0 1

I agree with Robert. You're missing a huge market in Brazil. E-commerce here has grown 29% in 2012 and we do not have a shopify clone, nothing even close to this. It's only a matter of integrating 2 huge local payment gateways (MoiP and PagSeguro) and Kabum!, you'd have a LOT of Brazilian customers in a matter of weeks... 

0 Likes
1 0 0

I totally agree, the opportunity and demand are huge

0 Likes
1 0 0

any news about this release?

0 Likes
1 0 0

I am also waiting for news on this. 

Thx in advance!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
226 0 92

Thanks everyone. We've been in discussions with a few Brazilian payment solutions, and will be getting in touch with some of the others listed in this thread. If you have other suggestions of companies to speak to (or avoid) please let us know! 

Louis : Product @ Shopify
0 Likes
2 0 1

Louis,

I also suggest CIELO (gateway, lower % fees).

It would be GREAT if Shopify could implement recurring payments/recurring billing and transparent/express checkout with those gateways, as it's a trend here. See http://www.manpacks.com recurring billing model for reference.

1 Like