New to shopify and have no pay out.

2 0 0

Hi I have an order that has been paid and fulfilled but has not been paid out to my bank account and is not recorded as a transaction and my "upcoming payouts" section says zero dollars. I'm in australia and the wait time is supposed to be 2 days. It's now the 5th day. It's my first sale to a customer and I need to know the system is working as I'm sponsoring ads on social media. I did a test purchase a few weeks ago and everything was fine. Please help.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
462 22 35

Hi @mikeycarter,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

It sounds as though you have connected and are referring to our Shopify Payments gateway. Is this correct? If so, have you connected with another gateway such as Paypal too? Would you be able to confirm which payment gateway the customer used within the timeline of the order?

You should be able to see this information as shown here

If the customer paid using Paypal, you will need to contact Paypal's customer support for more info. If the customer paid for the order using Shopify Payments, you should be able to see if the payment was accepted successfully and view your payout as shown in this guide.

Would you be able to confirm with me which gateway they chose to accept the payment? If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help! 

Thanks a mill,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0
Hi Ted the payment was processed through PayPal Express Checkout. PayPal
hasn't responded to my message but from what I've read they often hold the
money for 21 days with new small businesses like mine so I'm hoping that's
all it is.
0 Likes