New vs Repeat Sales Customer Email Confirmation (HOW TO?)

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey all,

As I am closing in on launching our website, I had an idea to make the purchase of our products a little more personable if you're a repeat customer. 

I did a little bit of reserach on this and unfortunately didn't discover anything that stood out as the answer I'm looking for. That said, I'm not an expert coder, so I may have overlooked the answer without realizing. 

What I'm wondering is, can it be done to have the initial confirmation of sale email be sent to a customer, and if it is a repeat customer have a different confirmation email sent out?

New Customer Example: "Hey thanks for purchasing a product, here is your order number... etc"

Repeat Customer Example: "Hey it's you again! Thanks for swinging by again here is your order number...etc"

Does this kinda relay the idea I'm going for here?

Any support would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 50 104

Hi there Erica!

Don here from Shopify!

Thanks for posting your query here on our merchant forums. :)

I've spent some time researching this with our escalated teams who let us know it's not actually possible to modify the order confirmation (or other) notifications in this way.

You could follow up yourself manually via email with your repeat customers; though this is obviously less-than-ideal especially if you're dealing with a lot of customers.

What I can do for you from here though is to file a feature request with our developer team to expand on this functionality in a future build of the platform.

Let us know here or via our support site if there's anything else we can do for you at any point. :)

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Excellent Don, thanks so much for your prompt reply and suggesting this as an additional feature to the developer team. 

All the best!

0 Likes