No Shipping. Just Local Delivery on specific days

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hello,

I want to setup an online store for someone who sell raw meat. They do not want shipping and want to provide store pickup (free option) and local delivery (paid option). The customer will pay for the goods + delivery charge online. They don't want the customers to pick a delivery time. Instead, the delivery days are decided by the store owner. So for instance, If you are from Region A, the delivery will be on every Tuesday of the week. For local region B, delivery is every Wed and Thursday. They absolutely don't want any "Shipping" options shown on their website. 

Is this even possible in Shopify without custom development? An app maybe? I saw 2 apps Local and some other, but none are cheap and they also let the customer pick a delivery date which I don't want. Any ideas how this can be done? Or maybe Shopify is not the solution for this type of store? 

Thanks,

Manasi. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3392 252 609

Hi @gmanasi,

Nick here from Shopify. 

After looking into this for you, I'm wondering if unticking the "This is a physical product" box in the shipping section of the product in your store admin. You can see how this looks in the screenshot below:

19-07-3vjtu-p3cba

With this method though, your best bet to tell the customer the information they need about the delivery times could be through the product description then. Because of the difference in regions, you might also need to look into an app to distinguish the differences between the difference between the regions and their local deliveries. An app which springs to my mind instantly for this is Smart Zipcode Validator. The app works by providing the customer with an option to verify whether or not a product can be delivered in a specific locality. Once a customer arrives on the Product Details Page, below the product name section, there will be an input field provided to enter the zip code of the customer's location. 

It could also be worth investigating making something custom for your store. You can look into and research the Shopify Expert directory here

Hopefully, this helps and is a solution to what you're looking for. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Manasi,

I have the same question as you. I want to do local delivery on specific day and area that set up by store, not by customer. Did you get the solution yet?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

Looking for the same. I grow microgreens and want to deliver on Thursday only. No store pickup and no store shipping. I got zapiet to disable those two but it didn't work with the zip code restriction. Plus it isnt working with the shopify local delivery app which I want to use.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am looking for the same thing! I offer local delivery but only want to go to certain areas on certain days. I'd have this information on the Shipping page however I would love for it to show when it will be delivered once they put their postcode in at checkout it tells them when it will be delivered. 

I can't seem to find any apps that do this and I have looked at Local Delivery and Zapiet. 

0 Likes