No available payment gateways for Ukraine!

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

Hi! Is anyone from Ukraine here? I found that there is no way to accept payments. 2Checkout and Skrill are shown as available, but they are not for dropshippers. Is there any other solution?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 85

Hey, Rtem, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

When it comes to using Shopify in Ukraine, there are a few other payment gateways you can try. Check out the full list of options here

I would recommend looking into PayPal Express Checkout. When it comes to PayPal, you will be able to take payment through PayPal accounts, and you can also look into seeing if your store is eligible to take payments through PayPal from customers without accounts. This page in our Shopify Manual goes over that in more detail, however, your best bet will be to contact PayPal directly to learn more

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

Hi, Ann! Thank you for the reply! Unfortunately, PayPal is unavailable in Ukraine.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 85

Hey, Rtem, 

Thanks for the details! Can you tell me more about that- are you getting the message from PayPal that they don't work with businesses in Ukraine? Or does it come down to currency options? I'd like to share this feedback with our team so it can reflect better on our payment gateway page. 

Have a great one,
Ann

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

Here in Ukraine we cant receive money, only send. I'm still waiting for their response about Express Checkout. I want to know if I can receive money at least without withdrawing them to credit card. Anyway, Express Checkout is not enough for online store, because I have buyers, who don't have PayPal accounts and want to pay with a credit card.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 85

Hey, Rtem, 

Let me know what they tell you when it comes to using PayPal Express Checkout in your country.

As for wanting to accept payments from customers without accounts, I'm not sure if you missed it, however, PayPal does have that option! You can turn on a feature in your PayPal settings to let customers checkout as guests. You can reach out to PayPal's support team to learn more details about that too. 

Have a great one,
Ann

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

I have carefully reviewed your account and I can see that you currently have a Ukraine account. Currently, PayPal accounts in Ukraine are unable to use our services to receive payments. 

This is what PayPal replied.

You should remove PayPal Express Checkout from available methods for Ukraine and I think for some other countries. 

So I'm completely disappointed. I wish someone told me couple months ago that it's impossible to start dropshipping store with Shopify 

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 85

Hey, Rtem,

Thanks for following up with this. I will definitely let our team know that PayPal isn't supported in Ukraine so we can update our information. 

I can absolutely see how this is a frustrating situation. Since these are third party payment gateways, it's hard for us to know what kind of businesses they do and don't support, which is why we always recommend looking into payment gateways before you get started. However, I will pass this along to our team, and maybe this will be something we can make more clear in the future. 

Have a great one,
Ann

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I faced the same problems.

2Checkout is the worse what I have ever faced. They were 'checking' my website more than a MONTH, however, they promised to do this within 72h.

I can't believe them and asked to cancel my application. 

Shopify called itself as #1 but it does not work for Ukraine at all. I have been trying to find a solution with payments. I have spent so much money for setting my business and it is so sad I can't accept payments.

According to the messages above I see you have promised to delete not working providers for Ukraine but you did not do any changes. It is unfair.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1
This is February 2020. Still no payment providers for dropshippers in Ukraine. I spent years, money and times on droshipping courses, I've create my store expecting that I am the one!!! But unfortunately, I know dropshipping is not for us in Ukraine because of the payment system :( . Honestly it's hard and frustrating