No option for Shopify Payments

2 0 0

So my site is up and running and I’ve added PayPal express as a payment option and all is well. I’ve just received my Shopify chip, tap and swipe reader and through some investigation it would seem I need to setup Shopify Payments as an the payments section...the problem is that I don’t have the option for it??

I’ve checked that it’s available in my area (Jersey, UK) and it is, so now I’m a little stumped.

Any help would be gratefully appropriated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
306 31 59

Hey, @MADDbeardco!

I'm Lizzy, one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify.

Congratulations on setting up your site! I know it can be a lot of work to get started. What kind of products are you selling with your store?

You're absolutely correct that Shopify Payments is available to business owners based in the UK, so I wanted to ask a few quick questions to see if we can pinpoint why the option to add Shopify Payments isn't appearing for you.

First of all, if you go to Settings>General is the country your business is based in set up correctly? If not, you'll want to adjust it to be the right spot, as Shopify Payments is not available everywhere at this time. 

Next I wanted to confirm what you see when you go to Settings>Payment Providers in the admin. Typically Shopify Payments will appear as an option at the top of the page on the right hand side. If it isn't there, could I ask what does show up?

The final thing I wanted to ask was whether you had used a third party gateway in the past on the account, or currently had any gateways other than PayPal set up? It is only possible to have one credit card gateway active at a time, so if there was another gateway set up on the store, it could be blocking access to Shopify Payments.

Let me know and I can keep looking into this for you!

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Lizzy,

I had the business locations setup as UK, but have now changed that to Jersey (we’re a crown dependent of the UK). I hoped this would now give me the option for Shopify Payments, but unfortunately not.

In the payment provider options I see the following:

Paypal Express

Third-party providers

Alternative payment methods

Manual payment methods

I had tried setting up Worldpay as I have an account with them, but as it was not fully active at the time, I removed it.

Regards

MADD Beard Co.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
306 31 59

Thank you for letting me know!

In that case I'd like to look into your account further to see why the option isn't coming up under payments. I've sent you an email, please get back to me there so that we can continue working on this.

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes