No shipping/ pick up in physical store

3 0 0

Hi,

Can i create with myshopify an option:
 the customer takes his order at my physical store?

I want to offer this option to my customer (no shipping costs, whatever the weight of the package).

Thanks you for your answers my friends.

Bye.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 6 22

Hi, Nadine!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

You can indeed do this if you go to your shipping settings (Settings > Shipping) you can set up a free shipping rate there in your Domestic shipping zone. You can set up either a price based rate, which will show customers shipping rates based on the total price of their order, or a weight-based rate, which will show customers rate based on the total weight of their order.

In this example, I have chosen price based rates and set the maximum rate to have no limit, meaning this rate will show up to all customers who order from your domestic location regardless of the price of their order. You can call the Rate "Collect In-Store", as this is what will show at the checkout and set the price of the rate to be free (just click the 'free shipping rate' box)

So this will appear at checkout for the customers to select "Collect In-Store" as their shipping rate and it will not charge them for selecting this shipping option. :)

This rate will show to anyone who orders from your country though, so if you wanted to limit it to specific locations, you can either edit the name of the shipping rate to say something like "Collect In-Store - available in X location only", or you can use a shipping app like Better Shipping or Bespoke Shipping to have more sophisticated shipping rates, such as limiting certain shipping rates to specific zip codes or products. 

For these apps, you would need Carrier Calculated Shipping in order for them to operate correctly. This is normally only available on the Advanced Shopify plan, but I'm sure if you contact our support team here they can have a chat with you about some other options and workarounds! 

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hello Ava,
Thank you for your answer.
But what I want is to offer two options to the customers of my countries:
1) expedition with shipping coast
OR
2) collect in store - free shipping coast
Do you know what I mean? Is it an option on myshopify? should I buy another app for that?

Thanks a lot Ava for your technical expertise.

(i'm french excuse my english).

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 6 22

Hey again, Nadine!

No worries, so all you would need to do here would be to add another rate for express shipping to your Domestic shipping zone. This will make sure everyone within this shipping zone will see the same rates at the checkout. 

Once you have set up the free shipping rate for In-Store Collection, you can click save, which will return you to the domestic rates page again. From there, you can click on 'Add Rate' again to add the Express delivery option.

You can set up either a price-based or weight-based rate for express shipping which you can call Express Shipping or Expedited Delivery (whatever you prefer!). To determine what rate to set, you would need to know how much it will cost you to ship certain packages. I'm sure if you have a chat with your post office, you can get more information on what rates to charge at the checkout, just to make sure you are covered for the cost of shipping!

I have made a short video here for you on how I did this in my test store! It should guide you through the process :)

So once you are done, it will look like this at the checkout

Just to be aware though, if your domestic shipping zone is France, then this rate will show up for all customers everywhere in France. So for example, if your store is based in Paris, someone from Marseille could also select In-Store Delivery. For this reason, you may be better to use an app to create more specific shipping rates. Or name the Shipping rate "Collect In-Store (must be within 30km of X location)"

Do let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Ava

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Ava,

Your answer is very professional. Thank you very much for the information and the video. I'm going to put it in practice.

I discovered shopify and I would see if it ok to my e-business solution.

Thanks again Ava. Good job.

Bye.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 6 22

No problem at all, Nadine!

Glad I could help you out. 

If you need a hand, you can always check out our webinars to get you started. Webinars (video tutorials) would be a great way to learn about Shopify, as you will be walked through everything step by step and can ask questions at the end. You can sign up for one of our free webinars here. You can watch previous webinars here and on our YouTube channel. I'm sure you will be up and running in no time! 

Feel free to ask any questions here on our Forums, or if you like you can contact our support lines at any time. 
We are here 24/7! 

Have a great day :)

Ava

0 Likes
1 0 0

Thanks Ava, this description helped me for 2/3 of my issue I have with this.
I have three different versions:

1. Collect at store for free - fine, done with your help

2. Standard post delivery - fine, done with your help
3. there is one exception to 2.) and this is for only a few products in one category, which are really heavy and need extra carrier service (more expensive). The weight of these products are all the same (but not the price).

To make it more complicated: customer can buy products from 2 & combine it with 3. :(
Any hints ?
Thanks you so much

0 Likes