No shipping rates could be found for the destination address - Canada Post

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

I'm trying to create a shipping label through Shopify, with Canada Post. I'm trying to ship using a shipping tube for the first time, and I just get the following error message: No shipping rates could be found for the destination address..

The address is correct. I've checked it, more than once. Is the shipping container the issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
754 42 151

Hi, Renee!

Katy here from Shopify. I am so sorry to hear that this has affected you and your store. 

We do have reports of some outages with Canada Postal services today which is preventing the display of shipping rates in checkout for store owners who are using their own Canada Post account.

However, I can assure you that they are aware of this, and are working on a solution to have this fixed.  

We have some more info on the details on our Status page here.

As a temporary workaround, we do recommend that you add rates from other carriers, so that purchases can be completed on your store.  We have the details on how to do this here, though do please let me know if you need help at any stage. Regarding Canada Post labels, as soon as this has been resolved, you will be able to purchase these as normal. 

Once again I am sorry to hear that your store has been affected by this, do please know that we are monitoring this closely to ensure that services resume as normal. 

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

Since this was a case of minute outage for a short period of time, i think this answer will help others who view the thread. If similar situations arise in future, you can do the following : 

- It is always a good practice to configure more than 1 shipping carrier in your Shopify store. Sometimes outages do happen, and in such cases, if one service does not work, the second one should work. 

- if you are not getting rates at checkout because of outages, and if you do not have any other carrier, then you can quickly create a flat rate based on price or total weight of order to show rates. This way, the normal checkout flow will not be stopped.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes