Non DHL shipments showing as DHL when tracking numbers submitted

Explorer
170 0 10

I have an issue where my fulfillment warehouse is submitting USPS and FedEx tracking numbers to my system and while usually Shopify identifies these as the correct carriers sometimes it changes them to DHL as the carrier and then the customer gets an invalid tracking number link. Anyone else have this issue and a fix?

1 Like
1 0 1

We are having the same issue and it is really frustrating. Shopify says it is because of the somewhat generic numbers that sometimes get generated. I think this needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

1 Like
Explorer
170 0 10

Yes it does and that doesn't seem like a fair answer. When I take that number and simply put it into a web search it comes up correct so why Shopify would fail on this I do not know.

1 Like
1 0 0

We use FedEx Ground and LTL. There's no problem with our integrator writing back the tracking numbers. Unfortunately, everytime we use FedEx LTL, Shopify reads it as DHL and sends that notification to the customer. Of course, when our customer clicks for tracking info they get an error from the DHL site. Very Frustrating!!!

Please help!

0 Likes
6 0 0

Still not resolved!   Are we going to see ANY kind of FIX for this???   We just ended up with 2 orders in the same scenario, and we have NO DHL shipping offered in our Shipping Zones... USPS, UPS. No DHL.  HELP?!?

0 Likes
Tourist
220 0 3

Hello @Christopher_Od1@GrindhouseAdmin ,

By any chance, are you using FedEx SmartPost? I happened to see similar queries regarding FedEx SmartPost. The issue was Shopify is showing DHL as the carrier even though it is FedEx SmartPost. 

See this thread: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Shopify-reporting-different-carrier-with-tracking...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
297 0 7

If you are using a shipping software that provides the tracking number to Shopify, then you should make sure that carrier_company field is updated by the software. If it is not updated, then Shopify algorithms kick in and it tries to identify the tracking number. As a result sometimes, there is a mistake and hence it is taken as DHL. To correct this, you can use a solution like the Multi Carrier Shipping label app that updates the field carrier_company correctly and hence there does not arise a problem.

0 Likes