Northern Ireland - Separate shipping zone

Colmh
Tourist
9 0 25

I suggest everyone registers for this, and try use it to voice their displeasure(if we can) regarding this issue... 

https://enterprise.plus.shopify.com/Getting-ready-for-Brexit.html

Also, I commented on a Shopify FB post about this and they're apparently looking at it.. I don't believe them though.. 

MJC
Excursionist
21 0 19

Hi,

I am based in England and I am finding that it will be more trouble than it is worth Shipping to NI. Is there any updates about being able to exclude shipping to NI like you can do for all other areas?

Colmh
Tourist
9 0 25

There's literally no information from Shopify other than they'll pass it to their developers.. This has been the standard response.. 

And just to add insult, I've just gotten an email from them telling me I need to be Brexit ready because of the changes shipping to the UK.. Which is hilarious, insulting and inaccurate all at the same time.. 

As far as I'm concerned, I'm done with Shopify and I'll be moving to someone like Wordpress

Colmh
Tourist
9 0 25

I have just emailed the below to Shopify . I don't hold out much hope, but I've had enough:

I've just received a mail from yourselves regarding Brexit. It is hilarious, insulting and inaccurate all in one mail. The mere fact that Brexit was voted for over 2yrs ago, means this is not a sudden decision.. Yet you, Shopify, have failed to act to help YOUR customers.

For the purposes of shipping, you have already split Australia into different territories, and you have split the US into individual states. Yet you refuse to split the UK into each individual country. This shows me you either know nothing about Brexit, or you really do not care about your customers.

Instead, we, YOUR customers, are being forced to up the price of our plans AND pay for 3rd party apps to split Northern Ireland out from the rest of the UK.. As per Brexit.

Your constant inaction has led to some of YOUR customers that I've spoken to, having to cease shipping from Ireland or, if based in England, Scotland and Wales, have to incur additional costs to either ship to Northern Ireland(because they cannot remove NI from the UK) or incur costs for 3rd party apps.

In some instances, like my own, I am now exploring moving my store away from Shopify to someone like Wordpress.

Lagruga
Excursionist
17 0 13

In another thread, same subject type: https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/Add-Provinces-Counties-for-the-United-...

Why classed as SOLVED?! Just BS all over it.

0 Likes
decoupageirl
Tourist
4 0 3

Hopefully they will solve this now the brexit thing is sort of sorted.  Such a pain in the butt.    Wix has very basic regions set up for the UK ( NI , England, Scotland, Wales, and a few others) but it works fine.  Hope Shopify can do the same.   I'm in Ireland and no problem sending to NI (same price , no customs) but unfortunately to the rest of the UK is now a nightmare.   Need to find my way around this asap.  My sales to the UK aren't big but have lots of customers in NI.    

Chimevault
2 0 1

Under the Northern Ireland Protocol, Northern Ireland is still treated as being within the EU Customs Territory,

There should be an option to choose Northern Ireland in Shipping
Currently there is just the UK, & that isn't enough after Jan 1st..

I understand there are apps to work around this issue,
But it doesn't alter the fact that Shopify needs to change how it sees N. Ireland,

Chimevault
2 0 1

I know its annoying getting them generic messages from shopify, You feel like you are not being heard.

But good luck moving your ecommerce site to wordpress??

0 Likes
Sweeneymf
2 0 0

Just curious....... Have you moved to another platform? I have the same problem and loosing out on sales on something that can be solved very easily and quickly is really frustrating.

I've just been on to the support before I find this thread and they are no further forward with it. 

0 Likes
JamesMcC
Tourist
7 0 6

Hi geseilei,

This is now a major problem and greatly excludes customer in Northern Ireland.  We are based in Ireland and we do not have legal permission to sell in England, Scotland or Wales at present due to the new Brexit Vat rules... however we are allowed to sell to Customers in Northern Ireland.  Unfortunately Shopify will not allow us to select  Northern Ireland as a separate destination.  Can you please either make it possible to select England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland separately... or allow us to create custom delivery zones or add it into “Others” in "create a zone” section?

The Brexit rules are not going  change... really believe this should be  a standard capability.  It’s like if you could only sell to all of the US.

Thanks,

James

0 Likes