Northern Ireland - Separate shipping zone

decoupageirl
Tourist
4 0 3
One solution( far from ideal) is to create a Northern Ireland only rate and
use UK zone. I'm going to do this. I'm going to look within language for
the checkout or else where to state that cant accept orders from UK and
then refund any orders placed from mainland UK.
0 Likes
JamesMcC
Tourist
7 0 6

Possible however a lot of people don’t read the details so could have a lot of orders, refunds, refund charges and upset customers.  Given the importance of this, whether you live in the UK or Ireland, it should be a standard feature in Shopify (in my opinion) just like many other territories are split out.  Hopefully Shopify can work some magic... please, please, please.  And not keen on paying even more subscriptions for a basic function.

lolly2020
Excursionist
29 0 27

Lets hope shopify sort this out. We have now set up our store to pause and build and trialing out a new platform with a redirect to the new store for now.

We will be moving to a new platform after a month if things work out with the new platform, it's such a shame, but I think we have to leave shopify as they are not ready for EU business.

Sweeneymf
2 0 0

I'm afraid your right, (separate issue, brexit ) I also have a wholesale website with shopify with customers in UK, shopify can't sort out with and without VAT prices, I followed a thread about that same problem a lot of others were having and it was 5 years old and still being used until shopify closed it earlier this month, so wouldn't expect a solution anytime soon.

But the solution is available in "shopify plus " surprise surprise.

What is the other platform if you don't mind me asking? 

I need to ship to NI as well without charging the same amount as it does to England. 

0 Likes
Re1
Excursionist
23 0 38

This week I was notified that Shopify will not be refunding their transaction fee when I refund a customer.  So I am still paying Shopify even when I cancel all of my Northern Ireland orders, which I'm doing because there's no way of preventing the orders being placed in the first place, without buying extra Apps/upgrading my account.  Thank you Shopify.

0 Likes
Lagruga
Excursionist
18 0 14

I feel your pain.

@Re1 wrote:

This week I was notified that Shopify will not be refunding their transaction fee when I refund a customer.  So I am still paying Shopify even when I cancel all of my Northern Ireland orders, which I'm doing because there's no way of preventing the orders being placed in the first place, without buying extra Apps/upgrading my account.  Thank you Shopify.

0 Likes
Liamx1
Tourist
3 0 8

Just adding another voice to this. 

I've also been in touch with support on this with no response other than the generic "we'll pass it on". 

We deliver to Northern Ireland, but not Britain as a result of Brexit.  Delivering a parcel to Belfast is exactly the same as delivering a parcel to Galway.  

Please acknowledge our issue and offer us a solution.   And no, another non GDPR compliant app is not a solution. 

Trezt20
1 0 1

We need to do the same, our supplier doesn't ship to Northern Ireland so we need to be able to stop orders from here, it's causing us hassle. Having to contact the customer and then refund the orders.

Steve_wine
Tourist
3 0 1

Did you manage to find a solution to this headache? I’m having the same issue and am reluctant to pay upwards of $30 for a third party app

PaulBarnes
Excursionist
11 0 14
Hi Steve

I'm based in Dublin, when I get an order from the UK incl N. Ireland I give them options in the cart for cheaper shipping for N.Ireland.
It has worked well for me, just make it real clear that it's for N.I only.

Paul