Northern Ireland - Separate shipping zone

Steve_wine
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks @PaulBarnes this sounds like a good plan. May I ask are you doing the coding yourself or have you got an app that applies different rates to uk and NI? I didn’t notice any settings in shopify that offer this

Thank you

0 Likes
PaulBarnes
Excursionist
12 0 14
Hi Steve

All these options are in Shopify, didn't need any extra app or coding.
go into settings and shipping , for the Uk put in anything you want.
For example if you're shipping by weight and have a grouping 1g - 250g you can put
in any number of shipping options and one of them can be "Exclusive to N.Ireland" .
hope this explains.
Paul
Steve_wine
Tourist
3 0 1

Brilliant! Thanks for this

0 Likes
Caitriona
Tourist
5 0 8

Thanks Paul for this. Are you reliant on the NI customer to select the shipping that suits him and so nothing stopping someone from London selecting the cheaper NI shipping so we would have to cancel the order and refund etc. I want to ship to NI but not necessarily at the moment to England for example.

I still haven't solved it and want to avoid paying for a third party app.

Wish Shopify would treat the UK like they do with USA states and split out NI from the UK , easy done with postcodes 

Thanks

Caitriona 

PaulBarnes
Excursionist
12 0 14

Yes Caitriona I agree, I wish Shopify would solve it too.

I had only one occasion when a UK customer chose the cheaper , (N.Ireland) shipping option. As it happens I have a retail site where prices include VAT @23%. With proof of export to UK , Post Office receipt, I could export to her vat free, the extra vat amount I collected covered the shortfall in postage so she didn't have to pay anything extra.

It's not a perfect solution by any means but it is working for me as I only do small volumes to the UK.

Hope this helps and happy Easter

0 Likes
Colmh
Excursionist
11 0 28

Just got an email from Shopify... 

Looks like they've finally split the UK up into separate countries

Screenshot_20210507-170243_Email.jpg

Caitriona
Tourist
5 0 8

Great news!!!!!

0 Likes
Chimevault
Tourist
6 0 2

HALLELUJIAH!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
decoupageirl
Tourist
10 0 4

Delighted,  just changed it there and all well! 

0 Likes
Deirdre_C
Tourist
10 0 25

Finally! That's brilliant news!

0 Likes