Northern Ireland - Separate shipping zone

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello - is it possible to get some indication on pricing for this? We have this issue too but only have a few orders a week. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

We decided not to go down this route. We spoke to another company we know who looked into using a few different apps for shipping zones and their web developers said they weren't a good solution and there could still be issues. the apps are priced over €50 per month so they didn't seem worth it for us. Shopify need to change the zones on the platform, especially now with Brexit affecting shipping rates

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Still waiting for Shopify to sort this out, but they don't seem interested. We really shouldn't need an extra app for something this basic.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

I've discovered the same problem with shipping for Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK.

and as a few people have said you shouldn't have to pay extra for an app for something so basic.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Same here Shopify, really happy with your system however this is a small flaw, would save negative comments/PR if you were to fix this.

Currently have an order from N.Ireland which has paid our £3.60 UK shipping rate but will cost us £25+ to send.

If I ask the customer for additional money they become an unhappy customer or ask to cancel the order and if I send then I make minimal profit.

Would be really helpful if you could put in some feaure for Northern Ireland or some way of allowing us to customise.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Us too! This affects every shop in UK and Ireland. I'll put this through shopify support now also.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Did anyone get a firm response from Shopify? This is going to become a major problem once Brexit kicks in Jan 1st. 

In my situation, I want to block out shipping to England, Scotland and Wales. 

In the reverse, my business partner, who's is based in England, wants to remove Northern Ireland from his options.. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3
I can't understand why they won't do it. I'll get on to them again and everyone else just get on to them and try and put pressure.
Paul Barnes
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Absolutely. I'll get on to them again. It's shameful they haven't resolved such an important but simple issue.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi there!

No, we have not managed to solve this issue. Sometimes we chase people for some extra shipping and sometimes we just suck up the extra cost.
It’s a shame they can’t sort it out.

0 Likes