Northern Ireland - Separate shipping zone

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 7

Our store ships to Ireland, Northern Ireland and the UK. How do we set up a separate shipping zone for Northern Ireland as the rates for shipping here differ from the rates for the rest of the UK.

Currently we have rates for Ireland and then for Northern Ireland/UK the customer must select United Kingdom as the zone where they will see the option of;

Northern Ireland Shipping €4.20

England, Scotland, Wales Shipping €8.50

There is nothing stopping the customer from selecting the incorrect zone leading us to have to send a custom order to the customer for the balance of shipping or having to cancel the order.

How can we set this up that Northern Ireland is a separate zone. In light of Brexit we assumed this would have been done by shopify by now.

Highlighted
Shopify Expert
229 28 36

Hi, unfortunately there are no separation available in Shopify for the UK, so you won't be able to set Northern Ireland as a different shipping area from the admin.

For this, it will be helpful if you talk to the Shopify support team, so they know you are interested on this change, as you are not the only one ;)

Nevertheless, there are different apps and options that might help you achieve what you are looking for, just have a look at these tickets:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Country-doesn-t-exist-in-shipping/td-p/150015/pag...

https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/Add-Provinces-Counties-for-the-United-...

We help you achieve your Goals! Visit us on: Webmefy.com
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
153 6 15

@MeganK ,

There is a solution with the Advancedshippingmanager app, this solution will enable you to separate the zones and charge specifically to the destination country/postal code entered at the shopping cart/checkout.  Let me know if you would like to discuss in further detail.  

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
50 0 3

ShipperHQ can help you there. You can establish different shipping zones in ShipperHQ, and from there set rules to charge or surcharge a certain amount for shipping per zone.

You can get in touch with our sales team, and they would be happy to discuss further. Or you can sign up for a free 30-day trial and see how ShipperHQ works for you.

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
50 0 3

Hi Megan,

ShipperHQ can help you there. You can establish different shipping zones in ShipperHQ, and from there set rules to charge or surcharge a certain amount for shipping per zone.

You can get in touch with our sales team, and they would be happy to discuss further. Or you can sign up for a free 30-day trial and see how ShipperHQ works for you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 12

I've the same problem Megan, but from a different angle.  The domestic postage rates in the Republic of Ireland are the same as to N.Ireland.

UK postage rates are higher. In Shopify N.Ireland is lumped in with the rest of the UK so my N.Ireland customers end up paying higher postage all the time. I can't afford to buy a separate shipping app just for this. Paul , Liberties Papers. 

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
153 6 15

@PaulBarnes 

This issue is probably costing you more in terms of abandon cart due to shipping than the cost of our app.  We guarantee to save you the cost of the app or a full refund... We are ready to help - especially in these trying times.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 7

We ended up having to increase our N.I rate to match our UK rate - same situation your in. We couldn't afford to keep having the option up in UK rates as UK based customers were clicking the N.I. rate and it was costing us on delivery every time

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 19
This is exactly my issue - shipping from Ireland to Northern Ireland and being forced to charge UK rates.
Don't suppose you've come up with a solution since?
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
153 6 15

We have a solution that is postal code based for that region of the UK -  we have the list of postal code prefix you can enter and the shipping rule tied to it for accurate rates within those borders.  We can also do a google geolocation based solution.  Let me know and I can demo it for you.

0 Likes