Northern Ireland - Separate shipping zone

Highlighted
2 0 2

Hello - is it possible to get some indication on pricing for this? We have this issue too but only have a few orders a week. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 7

We decided not to go down this route. We spoke to another company we know who looked into using a few different apps for shipping zones and their web developers said they weren't a good solution and there could still be issues. the apps are priced over €50 per month so they didn't seem worth it for us. Shopify need to change the zones on the platform, especially now with Brexit affecting shipping rates

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 19

Still waiting for Shopify to sort this out, but they don't seem interested. We really shouldn't need an extra app for something this basic.

Highlighted
2 0 2

I've discovered the same problem with shipping for Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK.

and as a few people have said you shouldn't have to pay extra for an app for something so basic.

Highlighted
1 0 2

Same here Shopify, really happy with your system however this is a small flaw, would save negative comments/PR if you were to fix this.

Currently have an order from N.Ireland which has paid our £3.60 UK shipping rate but will cost us £25+ to send.

If I ask the customer for additional money they become an unhappy customer or ask to cancel the order and if I send then I make minimal profit.

Would be really helpful if you could put in some feaure for Northern Ireland or some way of allowing us to customise.

Thanks

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 8

Us too! This affects every shop in UK and Ireland. I'll put this through shopify support now also.

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 18

Did anyone get a firm response from Shopify? This is going to become a major problem once Brexit kicks in Jan 1st. 

In my situation, I want to block out shipping to England, Scotland and Wales. 

In the reverse, my business partner, who's is based in England, wants to remove Northern Ireland from his options.. 

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 12
I can't understand why they won't do it. I'll get on to them again and everyone else just get on to them and try and put pressure.
Paul Barnes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 19

Absolutely. I'll get on to them again. It's shameful they haven't resolved such an important but simple issue.

Highlighted
2 0 2
Hi there!

No, we have not managed to solve this issue. Sometimes we chase people for some extra shipping and sometimes we just suck up the extra cost.
It’s a shame they can’t sort it out.