Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 18
Agreed. It's certainly my main reason for considering leaving Shopify
3 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 25

I'm being told this issue is being considered by the Shopify developers.  I'm sure the developers could separate out the 4 parts of the UK very easily, and this therefore is a actually a customer service issue and Shopify is choosing not to help.  I feel like I'm at the customer service window in a shop, knocking on the window and the people inside are busy counting their daily takings, rather than coming to help.  With Brexit looming, Shopify's lack of engagement is extremely frustrating.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 16

My Shopify costs have doubled now due to their inaction. I've now actively started looking for an alternative provider. 

In a time of a pandemic, when people are struggling, it's extremely disappointing that Shopify are ignoring the issues Brexit will cause and forcing people to pay more for ehir plan just so they can enable a 3rd party app, that we also have to pay for. 

This is extremely poor form, and shows Shopify have little or no respect or regard for us.. Their customers.. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 12

Buying a separate app to ship to Northern Ireland is like buying a separate app to ship to Texas.  

Can Shopify please deal with this now.

Brexit is coming.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 18
I think we have to keep contacting support about it, so they take it
seriously
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

Hopefully with Brexit they will resolve ASAP 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We're also having the same problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 5

Shopify 

Honestly, this problem is ridiculous. What's more, I have seen cases in here today that goes back to 2018 about the very same problem.

I am migrating from Wordpress to Shopify and I just can't believe the amount of basic stuff that Shopify does not cover out of the box - insane! I am starting to regret this.

Shopify sells their system to the 'UK' and therefore must understand that this is a basic requirement for us who trade at this side of the world. They operate Global and forget local needs. This requirement is no different than a system that does not comply with UK Tax Compliance.

Adding another App isn't the solution. Recognising that this requirement is basic and that a lot of small businesses use Shopify, means that we must keep running costs low. Specially in the current climate.

So a company that has done nothing about this since 2018 - what does that tell you?

Also, Brexit is coming, what are they going to do about it?

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 16

Considering Shopify haven't even acknowledge this thread, despite the fact they've been tagged multiple times, speaks volumes..

2 Likes