Not all items delivered at once. Partial fulfillment or crediting customer account?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Is there a way to credit a customer's account instead of refunding an item? I deliver locally on a weekly basis, and have occasionally not received all the stock I needed to fulfill orders. I tell my customers I will bring them the item that I was unable to deliver in the following delivery window. How can I manage this from the orders window?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
727 56 162

There are 3 other ways you can give them financial credit:

1) Gift card

2) Send them money via PayPal

3) Send crypto currency 🤓

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 502

Hi @shelleynicole,

Nick here from Shopify. Really good question! 

There is no way to directly credit a customer's account right now, so your best bet is the three options which @JoesIdeas touched on below. 

If you are looking to keep things on the Shopify platform, I would say giving a gift card with the allotted amount would be the best option. You can see more about selling/ allowing gift cards from the guide Shopify has on this here

Should you wish to go the other routes as Joe suggested, they would be conducted at your discretion outside of Shopify. 

Let me know if you have any other questions about this. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
82 2 8

Hi @shelleynicole, I'm Neomi from Rise.ai app. I think our solution will be great for you! using Rise app, you can manually adjust store credit for your clients in Rise customers tab. You can add store credit to any customer in just a few clicks. In addition, using our email builder you can automatically send an email with the new amount added into their account. Read our help center article to learn more.

Check out our listing page and feel free to reach out at info@rise.ai if you have any further questions!

Neomi

0 Likes