Not receiving money through paypal

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello,

I have done my first sell with paypal (from my personal account, to check if everything works) and I have not recived money in the paypal account.

I have set up the account as a business account, added bank account and credit card and connected it to shopify.

Yet, 3 weird things happened:

1. In the payment gateway in shopify admin at the section of the paypal I get the message "After your first sale, PayPal will email you at with instructions for setting up a PayPal business account and claiming your funds.", and no email was sent.

2. The costumer email recived a email from paypal with a receipt of the purchase and it say that it was directed to shopify. the email of shopify is "pixels@jadedpixel.com".

What is going on? please help me

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

Hi, @Erez_Ami!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

This is quite hard for me to troubleshoot without looking at your account but if the order timeline says that the order was processed by Paypal then they will be able to help you out further and find those funds. If you click into the order and scroll down to the timeline, it will look similar to this but it will say 'processed by Paypal'. You can click the little arrow to expand for more information like the authorisation key that Paypal may need to find the transaction. 

2019-07-vv3o7-7figx

Then you can get in touch with Paypal and let them know what is happening and they will be able to help you out further. Paypal's support page is here. Let me know if you need anything else at all - You can also ask us all sorts of things. If you want our opinion about your business plan or site layout, even with marketing and growth aspects you're curious about, then be sure to reach out. Almost anything you have questions about when it comes to eCommerce, I've likely at least seen others touch on before and will be glad to help you too! 

All the best,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm having the same issues, i'll have to call paypal, thanks for the tip on viewing the authorisation keys, that will help a lot!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Same issue here Mam, I have a total of 9 website checkout initiated but doesn't reflect my orders to my Shopify Dashboard and also I didn't receive any payments to my Paypal account. Can you help me with this?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

Hi, @dongkoy95082019.

Thanks for joining the thread. Can you send the order timeline similar to the one above so I can take a look? Also, are you checking the Paypal account associated with your Shopify admin? You can find the Paypal email address under 'settings > payment providers'. Have you asked Paypal to have a look for the funds for you?

Kind regards,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi,

This has been fixed it was user error, I had 3x p's in my email address for "support" that I missed each time I checked my email =/

Thanks for helping though!

Adam
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

You are very welcome, Adam! Glad you got it sorted. 

Let me know if you need anything else at all,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi

I have some money outstanding from orders done through Paypal. Not seeing them on my account on Shopify or Paypal. I  have the right email connected. I don't know what is going on.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

Hi, @Tyreek.

Welcome to the thread! Have you followed the steps above and confirmed the order was in fact processed by Paypal? When were the orders processed? Is it the Paypal express account? If so, as soon as you open a store, you're given a PayPal Express Checkout account with the email you used to sign up for your Shopify store. Before you can collect payments for orders made with PayPal, you need to set up your PayPal account.

Have you checked the email address linked to the account in your Shopify admin under 'Settings' > 'Payment Providers'? That will be the email address you will need to log in to Paypal with to view the orders? Have you spoken to Paypal regarding this?

Let me know and I'll be happy to help you out further.

Speak soon,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi we are not receiving money through to our PayPal there is a total of 9 payments to capture. What happened at first was our PayPal account had a limitation on it. It’s sorted now but what are we meant to do about the 9 payments we didn’t capture before it was sorted ? 

Thanks

0 Likes