Note Attributes from the Cart Missing in Some Orders

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello there,

I have a question about some missing data when I export orders.

I run a small frozen pizza operation. I only deliver locally and I do the delivery myself. Because the product is frozen it's important that customers are home to receive it. I ask them to give me a two hour window using cart attributes. The cart attributes show up when you look at the order online under "additional details" and when you export it to a csv in a field called "Note Attributes"

We took our first orders today and some orders are missing these Note Attributes even though they are required to check out. I'd estimate they are missing from 1/3 of orders. I dug around trying to figure out what these orders had in common. I noticed in the CSV the orders with missing Note Attributes all listed "Source"  as "580111". The orders that correctly included Note Attributes are listed as "web" in the "source" field.

What is the difference between 580111 and web? We are only accepting orders via our Shopify online store. Is it a browser? Mobile vs Desktop? It's important these questions get pulled every time or else I won't know when to deliver product.

Thank you for any tips and tricks, I appreciate the help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
10007 116 1823

Accelerated payment flows (like a paypal button on the product page) can skip cart attribute logic that you might have added to places like the cart page (since they skip your cart page). And given you are not seeing "web", this supports this line of thinking given it is a different ordering flow.

Consider testing the checkout flow yourself as a customer and click around for those accelerated options, and see if you indeed get to see your time field - or whatever the customer attribute is.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your quick response! That was my first guess too, however there's no rhyme or reason to the payment method. Some PayPal express checkouts have the information others don't. All the others are listed as "Shopify Payments", again, some of those have the checkout information, others don't.

Moreover, I've been following up with customers today to get the time frame information, while I did I asked if they saw a check out screen and filled it out. Most report they *did* see the cart attributes and *did* fill them out. A few don't remember. 

Any suggestions for how to move forward?

0 Likes