Notification: Request for Payment

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi everybody,

So after purchasing from my store one of my customers received an email notification, which asked her to transfer the money to our bank account. Following this request, our bank details were listed, just empty.

I haven't installed a notification like this one anywhere. About 2 weeks ago I switched to Shopify payments and the customer paid via Shopify Payments. Any idea where I can find the notification and why it was sent?

Thanks in advance!

Tobias

All in all, it looked like this (translated from German):

Please transfer the amount of 77.90 € to the following bank account as quick as possible:

Account owner:  
IBAN:  ()
Reason for payment: Order 1949 
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
741 57 91

Hi @T_Kossmann,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

It sounds as though you have created a custom manual payment method within your admin. If you click Settings > Payment Providers > Manual Payments, you should see the option to edit your manual payment options. Here's an example of what that would look like. When you click the edit option, a pop-up box should appear asking you to fill out the payment instructions that you would like your customer to see.  More information can be found here if you would like to take a look. 

Alternatively, if you are based in Germany you would have the option of using an e-banking payment gateway such as SOFORT. If you have connected with SOFORT, they do send emails to the customer directly. We would recommend contacting SOFORT's customer service here for the next best steps to take. Have you experienced any other payment issues recently? 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Thanks a mill,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes