Notifications Refund E-Mail - Refund Reason Variable

Highlighted
3 0 0

I have been trying to add a refund reason to the refund notificatione email in my shopify stores. I found a topic from a year ago that said you could use the {{ refund.note }} variable and that did not work, i tried the {{ note }} variable as well. 

Did this get removed from Shopify? If so why can I add a refund reason to the order but not display it to the customer?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
114 0 17

Hello! 

Dave here from  the Guru Team :) 

So this is definitely something you can add and you were on the right track! Basically the refund reason that is provided when your refunding is for internal purposes only. If you'd like to use {{note}} to add extra information to the refund notification then what you'll need to do is add your refund reason for the customer to this section of your orders page: 

Then any text entered there will appear in your emails that feature the {{note}} variable. 

I hope this helps :) 

All the Best, 
Dave | Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 2

Hi Dave,

Thank you for supplying the information on how to add notes using the {{note}} tag. Although, I have just tried implementing this into the "Refund Notification" Template, went through your instructions and unfortunately no information was populated through? Can you please advise if this tag has changed or perhaps maybe I'm I doing something wrong?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Will you any1 tell me how to enable that Customer will also get the information that REASON FOR THE REFUND.
I put the {{ note }} variable in the refund template. But nothing data related to it I got.
Please help me for the same, I really appreciate it.

The-Blank-Pineapple-Refund-Shopify.png

0 Likes