Oberlo Fulfillment - Split Order

1 0 0

Hello everyone,

I am having kind of an issue. One of my customers ordered a quantity of 3 products (same product). However when I try to order on Ali and select 3 quantity the ePacket option disappears and instead Standard Shipping is used (I think is due to weight). ePacket is accepted when the quantity is 2 or less. Is there any way to split the 3 quantity into 2 and 1 so I can send with ePacket?

Thank You

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2401 163 352

Hi @jennifer90,

Nick here from Shopify. Good question and interesting scenario. 

There are a couple of potential workarounds for you on this. I spoke to the Oberlo team directly and they mentioned it is more than likely due to weights and measurements without seeing or knowing any more details of the order. If it is due to weights and measurements, your best bet is to order two items and then order the other one separately. Something to keep in mind with this is that there would be two tracking codes then and customer will receive two packages, not one. With this method, it might be worth sending an email to the customer manually regarding the second parcel. 

Another possible way to do this is to split up orders manually. When you split the order up it enables you to add individual tracking numbers and shipping carriers based on where the different products are coming from and I'm hoping this will still apply if the products are the same. 

You can do this by taking the following steps: Main admin > Orders > Order in question

When you get to the order, you can split the order up by clicking fulfill items and changing the quantity of each order to zero but leaving a quantity for the order you want. I made a screenshot to break it down a little and show you what I mean:

19-12-zkh3w-9vxnv

Where it says "Shipping Carrier" you will be able to manually add the shipping carrier of your choosing where you would add ePacket. 

Would you be able to try that and let me know if either of these work for you please? Hopefully, it does, but if it doesn't we can take another look at possible workarounds for it. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes