Offer Express Flat Rate Shipping On Certain Products

Highlighted
11 0 0

I have a store that uses mixed inventory. Some inventory I have in stock and some is drop shipped. I have the delivery disclaimers on the products pages, using separate product templates. I would like to offer express shipping for a flat rate for products that I have in stock. For example, if they order product A and it is in my warehouse, I would like to display an option of express shipping for a flat rate. If the product is dropped shipped then the only option would be free shipping. 

I am not sure how to handle this. If this has already been covered please provide the link.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1248 76 274

Hey, Leah. 

Peter here from Shopify Support!

Natively this wouldn't be possible as the shipping rates are based on the total weight OR price of the checkout cart and not based on the fulfillment type. While we lack this feature currently, I do know that a ballot has been created to have this added to our platform. In this case, I'll be sure to add your vote to the existing ballot to show our developers that there is increased interest in getting this added which can help make it become available in a future update. 

While it's not possible to do this natively, you could consider using "Advanced Shipping Rules" which is an app that starts at $9/month. With this app, you can create custom fulfillment options to sort your products based on whether they are in your warehouse or an item that comes from your supplier. You can then create rules within the app to tell it to showcase certain rates based on what is appearing in the cart. They have a super handy help center here that outlines what you can use the app for should you need it! The only catch to this app is that it does require the "Carrier Calculated Shipping" rates feature. 

This feature can be added in one of three ways. The first route you can take is by adding the feature for $20/month. The second route would be to get this feature for free by paying for your subscription annually instead of monthly. This route would save you 10% on your plan, as well as the $240 for the feature. Lastly, you could upgrade to the Shopify Advanced plan ($299/month) which includes this feature automatically. 

If there's anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to reply back and I'll happily help out!

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
11 0 0

I already have the "Carrier Calculated Shipping" so I think that app will work. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes