Offer better shipping rates to my customers

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am currently in the process o finalizing things for my website so that i may launch and start taking orders  The biggest issues I am having is shipping costs.

I am using shippo which offers myself great rates but i cannot offer those same rates to my customers, shopify rates are high, and my basic usps plan offers rates higher than shopify.

So is there any way to offer the same rates form shippo to my customers or would another app like shipstation or easy ship be able to integrate enough so that i may be able to offer better rates for my customers?

I know with BigCommerce for example ShipStation integrates directly and the customers can receive the same shipping rates that I do,  Any help is appreciated beyond words thank

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
701 37 114

Hi, @therezinhallc.

My name is Tira. 

I'm so glad to hear that you're ready to launch your store. I understand you're looking to offer the best shipping rates for your customers and I can see why. If you have an account with a shipping carrier that has rates you want to use, you can add carrier calculated shipping. Carrier-calculated shipping allows you to connect a third-party app like the ones you've mentioned in your post, or connect your own carrier account. After they are connected, you're able to pull rates directly from the app or the carrier and they will be added to your shipping page at checkout. 

It looks like you have carrier calculated shipping already enabled on your account. The next step would be to add your carrier credentials to your Shipping settings.

You can follow these steps:

1) Login to your Shopify Admin

2) Click on "Settings" in the lower left hand corner 

3) Click on Shipping and Delivery 

4) Under "Accounts and integrations" click Manage integrations

5) Add USPS as a shipping carrier by clicking on "Connect carrier account" then "Connect account" to add your USPS account details for the first time 

6) Choose whether to add USPS rates to your existing shipping zones. This replaces any current USPS rates and adds them to all shipping zones, even ones that you don't use for USPS rates.

Check out our help doc to learn more about this here: Activate calculated shipping for USPS

Have you reached out to ShipStation for assistance with this? 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
I did that however my usps business accounrates are actually higher than shopify and there is no way to integrate Shippo into the rates

-Omar
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
701 37 114

Thank you for these details, @therezinhallc.

You mentioned that you have been using Shippo's rates and that you want to use the same rates for your customers. I want to understand more about the rates you're seeing and your store so that I can provide you with some resources.

What rates are you seeing for your customers, and what rates do you have with Shippo? 

What products are you shipping? Did a customer reach out to you about the rates on your store? 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes