Offering multiple carriers choices for shipping .

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello ,

I'm new here . Was running my shop with prestashop and i'm considering transferring it to Shopify to avoid the hustle with all the hosting and SSL certificate ... etc .

i'm running now a trial version . As i'm trying to set the shipping options , i realize that its quite different from Prestashop . in prestashop , you create the carrier first , then choose its zooning , then apply rates . In shopify , you create the zoning first , then the carrier ( shipping method ) then the rates , which is not convenient if you wanna offer choices for your customer .

This is my case : i have spacial rates with chronopost which are great for europe , and Fedex rates which are good for USA ( and co ) and i have the Moroccan post which is very affordable but it takes too long . the problem is that those carriers have different zoning for their rates . the use of the custom calculated rate is no help here as not all the carriers have shopify apps .

I want to be able to offer to my customers the choice of the shipping methods at checkout . is there a way of accomplishing that without using paid application ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

Hello @hennoure,

If you are on the Advanced Shopify Plan or higher, then you can use your carrier account credentials to display calculated rates at checkout. You can also do that in Basic Shopify Plan by adding an additional $20/month or you can go for an annual payment, which adds the carrier calculated shipping at no extra cost. Shopify currently supports only USPS, UPS, DHL, Canada Post and DHL for displaying the calculated rates at checkout.

Read this guide for more info: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/rates-and-methods/custom-calculated-rates

From the carriers that you have mentioned, Shopify supports only FedEx. You can use your FedEx account with Shopify and then display the FedEx shipping methods at checkout. Now, if you are looking to handle shipping via FedEx, you have to use an app like FedEx Rates, Labels and Tracking app since you won't be able to generate FedEx labels directly from Shopify. The app helps you to use your own FedEx account with negotiated rates. You can show live FedEx rates at checkout, print FedEx label and also handle FedEx tracking.

Similarly, for Chronopost and Moroccan post, you will have to handle the shipping using any of the Shopify apps. For Chronopost, this is what I found in the app store: https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=chronopost&st_source= and as you have mentioned, Moroccan Post, there are no related apps found. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

So you are looking for Chronopost, FedEx and Moroccon post in a single app and with these you are planning to show real time shipping rates, generate labels, raise pickups and further fulfil the orders right?

Ideally you will not be able to find any such app that handles all 3 carriers. However, the Multi Carrier Shipping label app is one such app which can allow you to handle multiple carriers like UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. At this moment Morrocon post and Chronopost are not available with this. But we are very interested in incorporating them as put together these 3 carriers can cover, Euopre, Americas and even Africa. If you want,  you can get in touch with the app support to further discuss about this.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes