Offering tracking numbers for U.S. and International sites?

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi there! 

My name is Riad and I am the owner of Potato Parcel (www.potatoparcel.com - United States). I have never found a way to have tracking numbers for our orders and customers for our intertionational websites. 

Canada - ca.potatoparcel.com 

Europe - eu.potatoparcel.com

Does anyone know of any shopify app that we can use to buy shipping labels through shopify or an app that will give customers tracking of their orders??

Please help :)

Riad Bekhit Chief Potato Officer | Potato Parcel riad@potatoparcel.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
114 0 17

Hey Riad! 

Dave here from  the Guru Team :) 

This is certainly something that can be done! If purchasing shipping outside of Shopify then this doc will walk you through the process of adding a tracking number to your orders. There is also the option of using Shopify to purchase and print shipping labels which will include tracking numbers,you'll find this walkthrough  to setting it up and using it of great help :) 

Hope this helps! 

All the Best, 
Dave | Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for the feeback, but this was not the answer I was looking for. I understand how to enter tracking numbers for orders and all that. Its easy with the US because USPS is integrated with shopify so all of our customers get tracking numbers for each order (this really helsp reducing the "where is my order" type of emails to our customer service)

However, Is shopify integrated with other shipping services to buy international labels and provide tracking numbers, as USPS does? Canada post, Royal Mail, etc?

I am just looking to provide the same expereince to our websites outside of the US. Does this make sense?

Thanks

Riad Bekhit Chief Potato Officer | Potato Parcel riad@potatoparcel.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

Hello,

May I know which carrier you are using to fulfill orders?

If you are using FedEx, the FedEx Rates, Labels & Tracking app will be the perfect solution for you. The app allows you to print FedEx labels for all your orders in bulk. Tracking number for each orders are generated once you generate the labels for them. 

This tracking number is sent along with the shipping confirmation email from Shopify, using which your customers can track their order. 

Now, if you are using some other way to print the labels for your orders, you can use the Shipment tracking & notify app to handle tracking process. The app sends live tracking notifications to your customer whenever there is a change in the order status. The app also allows you to have a "track your order" page within your store, from where your customers can track their order.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

You can use the Multi Carrier Shipping label app that will allow you to purchase shipping labels using your own carrier account with Canada Post, UPS, Royal Mail, etc and then the app will automatically send the tracking details to the customers with real time status.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes