Can one online store direct payments to two different bank accounts?

SPConsulting
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi there,

my clients online store has clients in Switzerland and Germany. Now he asks me if its possible that the payments we get from customers from Switzerland can be made on a Swiss Bank Account and the german customers pay the money on a german account.

Is that possible?

Thank you!

Replies 4 (4)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @SPConsulting,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! 

This is a great question! It is quite rare that a gateway can accept two bank accounts but it might be possible.

If your client is using Shopify Payments then I can confirm it is not possible to use two separate bank accounts to accept payment. Only one bank account can be used. Here's a list of bank account requirements from Shopify Payments if you would like to take a look. In regards to other third party gateways, I'd recommend contacting your clients chosen gateways customer service for more information.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Rocky638
Tourist
3 0 2

Hello Ted, can you confirm - so with Stripe, if a customer paid in USD, those funds went into our USD account, Euros to our Euro account and GBP to our GBP account. Can we not do this with Shopify?

firedude2020
Tourist
8 0 12

Is this possible today with stripe?

Rocky638
Tourist
3 0 2

Hello, so this is what we also lost when moving to Shopify. And we buy goods in Euros and USD, so having all our sales money converted back into Pounds all the time is not convenient. So Ted states 'It is quite rare that a gateway can accept two bank accounts but it might be possible' but this is not the case, as Stripe do. But Shopify do not allow access to Stripe - why? As far as I can see, because they use Stripe's services themselves for the transactions and take a cut...

With Stripe, if a transaction was paid for in Euros it went to our Euro account, and same with USD.

The only workaround for us has been for us to set up different stores for each region.