One shipping cost when sending from multiple locations

Tourist
7 0 4

Okay! I think I figured out one fix that works after a couple chats with Shopify support. The first person I talked to was completely unhelpful (extensive solutions were given to problems other than the one I was experiencing). I tried again and got somebody who seemed determined to figure out a fix, but at first was unable to find a solution other than to suggest shipping apps. She then got back to me later and offered this advice:

We can push this manually through the product editor:

1. Choose your product you would like to change inventory management for

2. Scroll to the inventory settings

3. Change "Inventory managed by" to "Shopify"

She provided this link as an example:

https://screenshot.click/10-13-virzq-focxp.mp4

I tested this on a few products and it seems to be working. I am getting the intended shipping rate rather than a doubled rate. The issue still is that this must be changed for each size of each variant for each product, so it is incredibly tedious. It really should not be this difficult, but at least it seems for the time being that this fix will work.

Excursionist
14 1 7

Thanks for coming back with your findings @badpharmastore .

Unfortunately for me i only have one Inventory Tracker, which is Shopify. So your solution won't work for me.
But, i have a tip for you on how to change all you products in bulk. Export all your products. Edit the file and in the column named "Variant Inventory Tracker" you can change the cells to 'shopify' and reupload it to Shopify.

0 Likes
Excursionist
14 1 7

I have found a work around. This will only work for those of you on the Shopify Plus plan. You can create a Shopify Script that discounts shipping cost. In this example the flat shipping rate is $5. Here is an example script that i used:

Input.shipping_rates.each do |shipping_rate|
  if shipping_rate.price == Money.new(cents: 1000)
    shipping_rate.apply_discount(Money.new(cents: 500), message: "Flat $5 Shipping")
  elsif shipping_rate.price == Money.new(cents: 1500)
    shipping_rate.apply_discount(Money.new(cents: 1000), message: "Flat $5 Shipping")
  end

end

Output.shipping_rates = Input.shipping_rates

This will check if the shipping is $10. If it is then it will discount the shipping by $5. It is not a perfect solution, but at least it works.

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 4

Thank your your advice! And for that fix, though I only have a basic Shopify plan at the moment.

Now I am running into an issue where when somebody orders something from Printful, the "inventory managed by" designation changes back to Printful from Shopify. So the next time somebody orders that SKU with an item from another POD provider in the cart, the shipping rate will double. So every time an order is placed the "inventory managed by" designation will have to be manually changed back to Shopify for that SKU. This is incredibly frustrating and I continue to be completely dismayed that there is not a fix to something that seems so simple. Just let me charge what I want for shipping, that is really all I am asking here.

0 Likes
Excursionist
14 0 1

I think I found a free fix.  I've installed it...will let you know how it works!

https://apps.shopify.com/shipping-rates-logic

0 Likes
Excursionist
14 0 1

Disregard my last post.  The app requires spending an extra $20 per month with Shopify.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Ya encontraron alguna solución?

0 Likes