Online Store - Specific Products are not available in certain regions

CuriosaSociety
1 0 0

Hi All!

We will launch our site selling a large variety of products from different vendors.  We plan to offer worldwide shipping, however, some products are not allowed to ship to certain regions. (eg. certain board games from a vendor cannot ship to anywhere outside of North America).

We're looking for some way to tell our store to allow everyone to SEE these products, but will inform customers upon adding it to their cart that it is not available to ship to their location (or, if possible, when they attempt to add it to their cart).

This seems to be a multi-part issue where we need to know where the customer is, we need specific products to be flagged as specific regions only, and would love it if we could somehow inform the customer BEFORE adding to cart that the item cannot ship to them. (but at the very least in the checkout process).

Thank you for any suggestions!

-Holly

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3663 307 704

Hi Holly,

Nick here from Shopify.

This is a really good question and for a fantastic reason. I did some digging on this for you and found a workaround on this for you. Do you think it would work to address the shipping information in the product description itself? 

(Admin > Products > All Products > Product you need to edit > Product Description)

Each product has its own description and it would make it very clear for the customer to see this when they go onto the product page and before they follow through on the checkout process. It is also a relatively simple process to update/ alter the product description for each product to add it in and edit it should something change.I did a small mock-up on my test store for you to see an example of how it would look on an actual product description which you can see below:

Just to note this does not guarantee as people can miss things, but it does definitely cover you and label it outright. 

Hope this helps and does the trick for you. Don’t hesitate to ask should you have any other questions about this or anything else.

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
JoseBelmares
1 0 0

Nick, hi!

Is there a way to TAG a certain item for it not to be visible in certain locations??

Something like hiding items for certain type of customer via TAG. 

0 Likes