Solved

Online store setup payment options

houseofstitches
Tourist
9 0 1

Apple pay and Google pay.  What are they used for.

I'm not an online shopper.  Is this for customers who pay through their cell phones?

Accepted Solution (1)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @houseofstitches,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Apple Pay and Google Pay are both examples of accelerated checkout processes. Each one is available on mobile and desktop, and will be presented as checkout options depending on the browser your customer is using. For example, if a customer is using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, they may see the option to complete their payment with Google Pay. Similarly, if a customer is using Safari, they may see Apple Pay.

Both links I've shared above will go into more detail on what you can expect for both of these checkout experiences, but the key takeaway is that customers will be shown an accelerated checkout button on their cart page and have the opportunity to bypass the step of entering their credit card details. 

16-14-37964-95870  16-17-88777-78258

Are you currently using Shopify Payments as your primary payment gateway? If so, you can visit Settings > Payments > Shopify Payments in your admin now to confirm that both accelerated checkout options are selected and displaying here: 

16-08-5252-45578    

16-11-25618-50261

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions! 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @houseofstitches,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Apple Pay and Google Pay are both examples of accelerated checkout processes. Each one is available on mobile and desktop, and will be presented as checkout options depending on the browser your customer is using. For example, if a customer is using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, they may see the option to complete their payment with Google Pay. Similarly, if a customer is using Safari, they may see Apple Pay.

Both links I've shared above will go into more detail on what you can expect for both of these checkout experiences, but the key takeaway is that customers will be shown an accelerated checkout button on their cart page and have the opportunity to bypass the step of entering their credit card details. 

16-14-37964-95870  16-17-88777-78258

Are you currently using Shopify Payments as your primary payment gateway? If so, you can visit Settings > Payments > Shopify Payments in your admin now to confirm that both accelerated checkout options are selected and displaying here: 

16-08-5252-45578    

16-11-25618-50261

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions! 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

houseofstitches
Tourist
9 0 1

Thank you for the clarification.