Only using Local Delivery and limiting the Delivery Area

Highlighted
3 0 2

Is there way to modify the checkout process so the customer does not have to go through a shipping page? We are a food delivery company that only does local free delivery and we do not ship any of our products.

Also is there a way to let customers check if we deliver to their area at checkout? Something that would immediately tell them if they were in the delivery area when they enter their zip code.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
54 0 3

Hi Jennifer!

My name's James and I'm a Shopify Guru - here to help!

The best way to do this would be by using an app called Local Delivery! (https://apps.shopify.com/local-delivery-1)

Cheers!

James 
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 2

Hi James,

Thank you for your reply! We looked at the Local Delivery App, but it doesn't seem to have any options for limiting the local delivery area. Is this the case or can you do that with this app?

Thanks,

Jennifer

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

Did you find any solution? Im trying to do the same thing.

Thanks,

Sofía

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 3

Don't you just hate when you can't get a reply. Did you figure it out? Have you looked at the StorePickup + Local Delivery App? it's pretty good! And great help for developer Andrew.

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Did you ever figure it out? I too want to start with local delivery only, with shipping not even an option at checkout.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey,

if you search for ”zip code validator” in the shopify app store, you will find apps that suite your needs!

0 Likes