Option to pay by invoice at check out?

Tourist
6 0 1

Hi there,

Looking to add an option in our shopping cart for "pay by invoice" which would bypass any requirement to enter cc details etc, and would effectively just email the unpaid order to us as an FYI to generate the invoice. How would you go about doing this?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
164 19 36

Hi @tinman76,

Thank you for reaching out today with your question. You can do this by setting up a manual payment method, which can be activated in Settings > Payment providers:

19-10-zjzo0-87d0o

When choosing a manual payment method from the drop-down here, you can choose create a custom method that can be used for the "Pay by Invoice" option you wanted to set up. You'll be able to enter in information that the customer will see regarding this payment method:

19-10-x8djg-seb7k

You can then include here all relevant information you feel the customer should be provided with. Once this is activated, the customer will see this option at checkout and will not be required to enter in their credit card details if they choose "Pay by Invoice" instead.

I hope this explains things but please let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you, now my last remaining requirement is to hide the invoice option from customers unless they are tagged as B2B. Is this possible?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
164 19 36

Hi @tinman76,

This is a little more complicated. It isn't possible within the Shopify admin to enable a payment method for select customers only, so the method I have suggested will display to all customers, not just B2B ones.

My recommendation would be to look into some of the wholesale apps on the Shopify App Store which are built to help you sell to both retail and B2B customers on your online store. I believe they would allow you to offer different payment methods to customers, but that's something you'll want to look into and check with the app developers to be sure. Some examples include Wholesale Club and Bold Custom Pricing, but you can see all available options here.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes