Option to set "Ready to ship" interval

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Hi,
I am looking for an option to set the "ready to ship" interval, it means that order not always ready to be shipped immediately, it may take several days or even weeks to prepare the order for the shipment. I would like to know if Shopify has the option to set something like "ready to ship in 3 - 5 business days".

Ordflow

Highlighted
Shopify Expert
884 72 208

If you're asking if you can set this text on the checkout page, yes you can customize the messaging in theme language like this:

1. Go to Online Store > Themes
  2. On your theme, select Actions then Edit languages
  3. Select Checkout & System
  4. Edit the Shipping method notice field

Then you can put your text to show up above the shipping options.

If you want to put it anywhere in the site, you can do that in your Theme code (product.liquid for example).

You can also add the messaging to the order confirmation pages. You can use liquid to say something like {% if product.tags contains "ready to ship" %}<!-- message here -->{% endif %}

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

@JoesIdeas  Thanks for the answer, is it possible to do it per product?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
884 72 208

In the website area yes, there are a few ways to identify the product using Liquid.

In the checkout area you're more restricted, if you want special shipping options a way to do it is using weight based shipping rates. So for example set all your products to 0 weight, but for the products you want a custom shipping option set those to 1 kg, then set your shipping rates based on weight.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hi 

Are you able to provide a little more instruction on how I could do this. I want to be able to add a message, update, email, something to the customer to say "Order is ready to ship" or something similar. I don't mind where it goes, but it would be good if they can view it on their order status page. 
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

0 Likes