Order Change Error during * Payment Method * section on my site

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey,

My store is near finish, and I wanted to test out my checkout process. I got through all the phases, but once I got to the Payment Method second and chose to pay with Paypal, It gave me this error above the Complete Order button.

"The total of your order has changed. Please make sure you're aware of the changes before completing your order."

I'm not sure what's causing this problem but everything I try to complete my order (no matter what Item is in cart), I get this error. I need imidiate help please!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 32 113

Hi, Pouyan!

This is May from Shopify.

Thank you for taking the time to post your question here. First of all, welcome to Shopify, and congratulations on setting up your own new store!

I visited your site, and tried placing a test order using PayPal. I wasn’t able to replicate the error, and it looks like the checkout process went smoothly on my end. This leads me to think that this might be a browser issue. In this case, I highly recommend clearing your browser cache or try a different browser or a different device. If you have tried the following troubleshooting steps, and still run into the same issue, please let me know.

Let me know if this helps. Feel free to reply back to this thread or contact our 24/7 support, and we’ll happily help!

Kind Regards,

May

Shopify Support

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, 

I'm having the issue described above while testing payments, using both the Bogus Gateway method and the test mode in Shopify payments. I've tried different email addresses, changing shipping methods etc. but I'm not sure what is causing the issue. 

can you please advise what causes the issue? 

Thanks! 

Anum 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 32 113

Hi, there!

I'm sorry to hear that you are also having this issue. Just to clarify, were you trying to test your checkout using Shopify Payments? If so, the email or shipping method or other customer information should not affect the testing process. Before you go ahead and test out your checkout, be sure that you have 'Test mode' enabled. You can check by going into your 'Settings > Payment providers' under 'Shopify Payments', click 'Edit', then check the box 'Use test mode'

29-12-6wmqd-dtywp

Now, you should be able to place a test order and head to checkout. 

1. Once at checkout, fill out your 'Contact information' and 'Shipping address', then click 'Continue to shipping method'.

29-41-2xaek-e7ti8

2. Select a shipping method, click 'Continue to payment method'.

3. Under 'Payment method', you can enter a test card number found in our document. To simulate a successful transaction, use the card numbers here, or to simulate a failed transaction, use these card numbers. In the screenshot below, I will simulate a successful Visa transaction. 

29-48-xovc3-9tcft

4. Click 'Complete order'. You should be redirected to a thank you page.

29-55-q9q0o-c641i

If you're still not able to successfully place a test order, please let me know. It would be very helpful if you also have a screenshot of the error. Feel free to reply back to this thread or contact our 24/7 support, and we’ll happily help!

Kind Regards,

May
Shopify Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi May,

Thank you for your response.
I am testing payments using Shopify Payments (by checking test mode). For
some reason, the test transaction goes through when testing it in incognito
mode in google chrome but when I am on a regular window in Google Chrome, I
get the following error message on the payment page

The total of your order has changed. Please make sure you're aware of the
changes before completing your order.

Is there a reason for this? What is the resolution for this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 32 113

Hi again!

Thank you for clarifying. Usually that warning will appear if you've changed the pricing of your product, or changed your currency, or made any updates with your product in the admin in general. This warning message should disappear once you refresh the page and proceed to checkout again. If you still see this message, please try to clear your browser cache. You mentioned that doing a test checkout works on incognito mode, which leads me to believe that this is a cache issue, in which your browser still stores old data. Clearing your cache should help restart your browser. 🙂

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers,

May

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I recently changed the pricing on my products and got this error. Changing browsers/clearing the cache worked for me.  Thanks!

0 Likes