Order Payment Methods

Highlighted

Goodday,

Somebody here know how to order your payment methods. At my shop Paypal is always on top for customers to choose, but I want another payment method to be selected as prior method.

Anyone?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 503

Hi @ScattandoHuub,

Nick here from Shopify.

Great question, this is something which can be done, but you would need to be on the Shopify Plus plan and you can then do it through the use of scripts. Shopify has a guide going through scripts and script edits which you can see here. The re-order of payment gateways is actually one of the sample templates shown: 

26-23-f5y7v-olch9

You can then click ‘Run Script’ to test it out as shown below: 

26-24-oe4pl-3gtnk

If you are not on the Plus plan you can only edit the style of the checkout with custom background images, adding your own logo, the font and mor... but the actual structure of the checkout is something which cannot be altered. 

Hope this helps! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

So really? I have to pay for such a simple task?
I already pay for years for Shopify, so why is this?

Another question... Were all of the sudden did the euro signs go?? See pic down below:

Screenshot 2019-02-26 17.14.37.png

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 503

Hi @ScattandoHuub,

I completely understand where you are coming from, but the ability to edit the checkout or the checkout scripts in any way is only something that is possible through the Plus plan. This is the same for all Shopify stores. 

I took a closer look at your shipping rates regarding the € signs. This is something which our team is aware of and is working on fixing. In the meantime, you should be able to change your currency display in your admin. You can do so by taking the following steps: Settings > General > Change formatting under "Store Currency" to the symbol rather than the code which shows. You can see an example of where this would be in Settings below:

26-47-83786-9umyp

If that doesn't work for you, can you let me know, please. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes