Order cut off for once weekly delivery

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi,

Our shop is a food delivery service that offers once a week deliveries on Fridays. We need to set a weekly order cut off time to Wednesday 5pm. 
We have tried a range of apps to set this up but most apps only offer cut off times for same day delivery.

Are there any apps or ideas you can suggest to do this?

Thanks

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
506 56 101

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. If I’m understanding you correctly, you are looking to notify customers that every Wednesday at 5pm is the cutoff for that week’s Friday delivery? 

If that’s the case there are a couple of approaches you can take for this problem! 

The first is, as you mentioned, looking at third-party apps that would allow the customer to choose their delivery date. If the app can understand that any order after 5pm on Wednesday would mean delivery would be the following Friday then this could work as a solution. Have you tried contacting the app developers of On Time Delivery? They claim it’s fully customizable for your business needs. You can reach out to the app developer by using their contact information available on their app store page. You can also find all our other custom delivery apps here.

The second approach would be to place a note on your cart page emphasizing this delivery timeframe. You can see how to enable cart notes here. This would inform your customers about this limitation prior to checkout, which would be useful for them, as going all the way through the checkout process only to discover this limitation might be irksome.  

The third approach would be to include it in your theme’s language. This can even be in the checkout itself. You can learn how to edit your theme’s language here.  You can navigate to ‘checkout and system’ and re-word some part of the checkout process to include your warning that if the order is placed after 5pm ET on Wednesday (for example), they will be in the following week’s delivery.

These approaches will inform your customer of the limitation of the delivery. You could even employ all three approaches. Let me know your thoughts on this! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like