Order fulfillment to use in custom order process

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have a shop that personalizes about 300 different kinds of products. We are transitioning from only Etsy to adding an additional Shopify shop. We are having a hard time finding a Shopify add-in to manage the order process before we can ship the final item.

Each item is handmade and requires different steps. We have a team of 5+ and Etsy allows us to break down the order process into "categories" so we can move it throughout the process in real time as it's being made and keep up with the different orders.

Etsy does a very good job of allowing us to manage the order process by giving us tabs to move orders through our workflow. They also allow us to quickly see details of the order to bulk process orders of the same color, style, etc.

Is there also an add-in that can combine our Etsy orders and our Shopify orders into a single fulfillment place that can have tabs for order processing?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
866 72 203

Thinking about a potential solution for Shopify... you could add tag(s) to the order, or use order "notes", and use those to communicate.

For example, when new orders come in, the person that handles stage 1 of the process can tag the order with stage two when they are complete.

Then person 2 (that manages stage 2 process), can check orders that have the stage two tag. When they finish, then can remove that and add stage three.

You can save url shortcuts so the person can just log in once a day to see the filtered tags relevant to them (example: store.myshopify.com/admin/orders?query=&tag=stage%20two

I'm not familiar with Etsy, just thought of this as a solution for communicating the current stage of the order.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, 

Have you ever thought about automating the manual processes with coded workflows? It looks like you have human validation, a lot of personalization based on user behavior and a need for custom integration. I am new in the Shopify community and I have no idea if Shopify's users have developers in their team or some technical skills that would help to use developers' tools to automate manual processes. If you have, I would be glad to share tools and how they can help you to have smoother processes and a better personalized customer experience. 

0 Likes