Order fulfilment

Obanbo
Tourist
4 0 2

Hello,

My store is relatively new. I just received my very first order and i don't know how to fulfill the order. It is a dropshipping store. I have watched the tutorial video but it is quite ambiguous. Can someone please help me.

Obanbo.com

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
369 42 80

Hi, @Obanbo!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Congratulations on your first sale! What an exciting time for you.

Without knowing which dropshipping supplier you're using, I wouldn't be able to definitively let you know how you would fulfill an order. If you're using Oberlo, I've included some instructions below, as this is a Shopify app. If you're using any other app, it would be a third-party app, so you would need to contact them directly for any support. You'll be able to find their contact details on their app in your store, or on the app listing in the Shopify App Store.

Fulfilling Orders with Oberlo
Before you place or fulfill any AliExpress orders, make sure you meet the following requirements:

• You are on a desktop or laptop computer.
  • You are using Google's Chrome browser. If you don't have the Chrome browser on your computer, then you can download Chrome at google.com/chrome.
  • The Oberlo Chrome extension is added on your Chrome browser.
  • You are signed into your AliExpress buyer's account on AliExpress. If you don't have an AliExpress buyer's account, you can sign up for one at AliExpress.
  • Your AliExpress cart is empty.

From there, follow these steps to fulfill your order:

1. From your Oberlo dashboard, go to the Orders page, and then scroll to the order that you want to fulfill.
  2. Click Order Product next to the order that you want to fulfill:

Miles_0-1596588018258.png

1. When redirected to AliExpress, review and check the order's details.
  2. Enter your payment details, and then click Confirm.
  3. Review the order, and then click Place Order.

After you purchase the product from the supplier, the status changes from To Order to In Processing within Oberlo. The supplier should then ship out the order within 2-7 days. Review the Mark orders as fulfilled section on how to mark the order as fulfilled after the supplier has shipped the items.

For more on the Oberlo fulfillment process, check out our handy guide: https://bit.ly/35E8zYF.

Now that you've made your first sale, let's move towards your next sales. What kind of marketing are you doing at the moment? Are you marketing to the right audience? These will have huge factors into you converted sessions. When you're marketing, think about who you want your customers to be! Think about:

• What age demographic am I looking for?
  • What country/regions are my customers most likely to be from?
  • What are my customers interests?

If you narrow these down to the right customers for your products, you're on your way to a winning formula.

Also, utilise the massive market provided by Facebook and Instagram. Build yourself a loyal following using those platforms. It's more than just spending money to market to people, but more about spending the money to market to the right people, who will be repeat customers and speak well of your business.

Good luck with future sales!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Obanbo
Tourist
4 0 2

Hello Miles,

Thank you for your response. you have provided valuable insights for me going forward.

Regarding my challenge, i don't know how to process the order. Or should i select fulfillment by Shopify? 

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
369 42 80

Hi @Obanbo!

Thanks for getting back to me. The way you process the order would depend on who your dropship supplier is. If you use Oberlo, the instructions above should help you fulfil the order. Oberlo is a Shopify app, so we can provide full support for you. For any other apps (for example Modalyst, Spocket etc), the fulfilment process may be slightly different, so you would need to reach out to them directly for assistance.

You can find support by going to the dropship suppliers app page and click "contact support" which will allow you to write an email to them. You can also go directly to their site, as most dropshippers would have support guides to help walk you through things like fulfilling orders.

If you are using Oberlo and are still stuck, please let me know.

Thanks!

Obanbo
Tourist
4 0 2

Thank you so much for your reply, I have just see your reply. It is helpful though I still have challenges.

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
369 42 80

Hi again, @Obanbo!

Please feel free to reach out with the challenges you’re having, as well as which supplier you’re using shown under your Shopify Admin > Apps. I’ll be happy to clarify if this is something we can help with or otherwise get you the contact details of the app developers you need to speak with.

Thanks!

0 Likes