Order has been placed before the payment completion on third party payment gateway

Seb0406
1 0 0

Hi Team,

Could you please guide me here.

We are using a third party payment gateway.

Situation: We want the orders to be placed once the payment is been completed via third party app. However, currently the orders are been generated in Shopify at the Checkout page when a customer clicks on "Complete Order".

The expected scenario is, once the customer clicks on button "Complete Order" it should redirect to the payment gateway page where the customer enters the card details and does the payment and then it triggers back to the shopify page as the order confirmation.

However, currently what happens is: The order is been generated in shopify when the customer clicks on button "Complete Order" as it does not wait for rest of the flow..

Could you please share some ideas on how to fix this.

Many thanks in advance.    

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
733 73 131

Hi @Seb0406,

Hyde here from Shopify.

On offsite payment gateways, the customer needs to wait until they're returned to Shopify's website after completing their purchase before we turn it into an order. We cannot complete an order before the third-party gateway sends us a confirmation.

So I'm curious as to what third-party gateway you're using that seems to be interrupting that normal flow. Could you provide me with a little more information in that respect?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes